• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QDJ (Year of the Piggly Wiggly)

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
    what is QDJ ?
    Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Question du Jour
    What V said. I ask a random question (in purple) and you guys can answer if you feel so inclined. We used to have another member that headed this up but she's been absent for a little while. I wanted to bring it back.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Aside from the usual suspects (Keys, Wallet, Phone), do you have one thing you cannot leave home without?
      Honestly, nothing else! I don't even have a wallet, I just carry my debit card, money and ID on my back pocket. Just like that. Got my keys and my phone as well.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

What do you love about yourself?
        Fascinating thread!

I honestly love pretty much everything about myself; I suppose the highlights would be my intelligence and ability levels despite, (probably), growing up with a neurological developmental disorder called Autism Spectrum Disorder, likely because my mother was a raving alcoholic during her pregnancy with me, causing me to almost die upon birth; I love that most of my life has consisted of a long, horrific series of events, with only very brief moments of peace and happiness, which would be gone in an instant; violent alcoholic father, dysfunctional family life, childhood criminal record, years of institutionalization and abuse; the list goes on, but despite everything that's happened....I've turned out really, really good, and I honestly don't think I would change a single thing if I were able to go back in time, and give myself a much happier childhood than what fate had in store for me...I think it's made me a much stronger, and sensitive person, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

...I think I'm going to change the world somehow. ...I just love that.

I also love all my little, weird eccentricities.

Aside from the usual suspects (Keys, Wallet, Phone), do you have one thing you cannot leave home without?
        My gun; people scare the crap outta me haha.

I also take with me my pocket knife, karambit knife, tactical flashlight, leatherman, and a BIC lighter. Also, I usually carry a shoulder bag with some nameless items in it, and a backpack in the vehicle with some...other stuff.

I also carry a wallet, keychain, and smartphone of course; love the GPS feature, and Siri's just a hoot.

PS: What does "Year of the Piggly Wiggly" mean?

--Sollomyn
        Last edited by Sollomyn; 09 Mar 2019, 22:51.

Comment

It doesn't mean anything. Just fun.
          “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
          Sneak Attack

Comment

It doesn't mean anything. Just fun.

Ah, haha; cool.

Comment

Does ponytail holder work? I always keep one on my wrist, even if I have my hair up already. I've gotten out of so many jams with that ponytail holder--it once even held someone's pants together when the button broke off.
              “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I keep a safety pin in my wallet. Never know when a bra strap will go rogue!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I try not to carry too much on purpose, but I like to have mints on me at all times. And during the cold months, chap-stick.
                  Last edited by Oshii; 10 Mar 2019, 18:20.
                  In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I have a small bag that has a few stones that I can't leave home without. Malachite, amethyst, tourmaline, snowflake obsidian, each one has a purpose for me.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Permission
                      whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

What's your favorite time of day?
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Unpopular opinion here in the 21st century, but...

The grey of dawn, before the world has awoken, and the first blush of the day is visible on the horizon.

I'm one of those dreaded morning people.
                          “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I used to be a night owl, and would say around midnight but I hardly stay up past 10:30 any more. But I've always had a fascination for dusk.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Night time for sure; I have really sensitive hearing; whenever I'm awake I'm pretty much bombardered by a wall of noise. At night time though, the whole world seems to go almost silent; calm, quiet and slow. It's always the most peaceful time of day for me; probably why I'm an insomniac.
                              Last edited by Sollomyn; 15 Mar 2019, 06:25.

Comment

happy hour of course when is yours coming
                                whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Working...
                                X