Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking

I have been a chain-smoker of cigarettes for years; the longest I've ever stayed quit before, is two days, and an unknown amount of hours of a third day. If I'd have been able to stay quit for three whole days, the journey towards Quitting would be far easier. I wished I'd never started; the tobacco plant can be a very dark magick indeed; like an enchantment; at least the kind that involves becoming addicted to something that makes you feel good on the surface until it starts to kill you hahaha; like the mythological sirens that lured sailors with their song. The only medicinal purpose I can think of for it is as a digestive aid when you're constipated, but surely there has to be something healthier!

...No more though; starting on March 19th, I will hereby declare war on my smoking habit, and abolish the wretched stuff from my life forever. I've already begun the journey by keeping track of how many cigarettes I smoke from now until the 19th, trying to cut back from my usual two packs a day, so that when the 19th arrives, I'll be able to make the transition to using the nicotine gum more smoothly. After twelve weeks of using the gum, I'll stop using the gum, and officially rid all sources of nicotine from my life once and for all. If I think of it in time, (I'm a little weird about numbers, and dates, and time...it's just a thing), I may look into a ritual, or spell, or combination of the two in order to help the process as well; even if it's just for a placebo effect.

So far I have only smoked two cigarettes since I started the clock at 6:00 AM Mountain Standard Time today.

01. 03/10/2019/6:50 AM

02. 03/10/2019/7:22 AM

Wish me luck!

PS: The times listed are written down AFTER I've finished the cigarette; not when I light up.

--Sollomyn

- - - Updated - - -

03. 03/10/2019/7:49 AM
    Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 05:52.

Re: Smoking

04. 03/10/2019/8:53 am

Comment

Smoking is an ugly monkey to have on your back. I used to smoke for years before I just one day put them down and stopped. Had quit multiple times over the years and started up again. But the thing was, I had stopped for various reasons (I'm talking months of quitting) but I had never stopped because I truly wanted to stop for me. It wasn't until I reached that point that I finally just put them down and quit. Until you reach that point most people will not quit for good. Ironically, even many of the people i've known over the years who quit for other's have never lost the urge for them either. Yet those who quit for themselves say they do not have an urge for them ever again. I quit 19 years ago and have never once wanted one again.
      Last edited by monsno_leedra; 10 Mar 2019, 07:08.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Smoking is an ugly monkey to have on your back. I used to smoke for years before I just one day put them down and stopped. Had quit multiple times over the years and started up again. But the thing was, I had stopped for various reasons (I'm talking months of quitting) but I had never stopped because I truly wanted to stop for me. It wasn't until I reached that point that I finally just put them down and quit. Until you reach that point most people will not quit for good. Ironically, even many of the people i've known over the years who quit for other's have never lost the urge for them either. Yet those who quit for themselves say they do not have an urge for them ever again. I quit 19 years ago and have never once wanted one again.
        Indeed; it's truly a curse. I started smoking full-time when I was about eighteen years old, possibly a year younger; I'm twenty-four now. I've seen what happens to a lot of smokers, and it scares me quite a bit. The biggest reason I want to quit though is because it's detrimental to my spiritual development; energy work is far easier if my auric body and my physical body aren't damaged from years of smoking; my blood and lungs need to be able to absorb and process as much fresh air as they possibly can in order to energize my entire essence; breathing and the element of air are super important to protecting oneself when working with large amounts of universal energy.

I also drink beer, but not very often; usually like once or twice a month; there's been a few periods where I was starting to get some slight alcoholic tendencies, but by and large, I'm really not much of a drinker, and a bit of a lightweight; I'll probably finish off my last four beers tonight and call it quits on alcohol for good. My drug of choice is definitely cannabis, but I want to give that up as well in the not-too-distant future, because I think I may be starting to develop too much of a dependency on that as well.

Those are truly the only substances I've ever used for years now; haven't dabbled in, or experimented with anything else in a long time. Beer will be the easiest for me to quit. Cannabis will be the next easiest for me to stop abusing. Cigarettes though are definitely going to be the hardest for me to put down; harder than the other two combined, so naturally, I want to START with those haha.

PS: 05. 03/10/2019/9:44 AM

06. 03/10/2019/10:17 AM

07. 03/10/2019/10:54 AM

--Sollomyn

- - - Updated - - -

08. 03/10/2019/10:54 AM
        Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 09:15.

Comment

i quit using electronic vapers and it worked after one month,not smoked since
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Coolness; congrats. I have a vape too, but I don't think I'll use it; always makes me cough uncontrollably.

08. 03/10/2019/11:42 am

09. 03/10/2019/12:18 pm
            Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 10:24.

Comment

May I recommend keeping this as a journal offline and updating the thread once a day with the times? It really looks like spamming at the current rate.
              “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                May I recommend keeping this as a journal offline and updating the thread once a day with the times? It really looks like spamming at the current rate.
                Terribly sorry; I'll follow your recommendation to the letter.

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  MARCH 10TH, 2019, 06:50 AM-11:40 PM, MST (DAYLIGHT SAVINGS BEGIN)
                  01. 06:50 AM
                  02. 07:22 AM
                  03. 07:49 AM
                  04. 08:53 AM
                  05. 09:44 AM
                  06. 10:17 AM
                  07. 10:54 AM
                  08. 11:42 AM
                  09. 12:18 PM
                  10. 12:43 PM
                  11. 12:55 PM
                  12. 01:45 PM
                  13. 02:16 PM
                  14. 02:42 PM
                  15. 03:20 PM
                  16. 03:40 PM
                  17. 04:10 PM
                  18. 04:45 PM
                  19. 05:10 PM
                  20. 05:30 PM

1 Pack of Cigarettes Smoked in Approximately 11.4 Hours

21. 06:39 PM
                  22. 07:00 PM
                  23. 07:46 PM
                  24. 08:00 PM
                  25. 08:22 PM
                  26. 08:45 PM
                  27. 09:25 PM
                  28. 09:58 PM
                  29. 10:30 PM
                  30. 10:55 PM

1˝ Packs Smoked in Approximately 17.2 Hours

31. 11:11 PM
                  32. 11:40 PM

Summary: Just over a pack and a half of cigarettes smoked today; a significant improvement over my usual two packs a day. I havn't slept in well over twenty-four hours either; awake since 6:00 AM, and all night long the night before that; waking up on March 9th, some time in the late afternoon after falling asleep some time in the late morning. I really need to adopt a better schedule; it's so easy for me to get my days and nights turned around!

Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 22:18.

Comment

is it a nicotine addiction or an oral fixation, or both?
                    In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
                      is it a nicotine addiction or an oral fixation, or both?
                      Mostly a nicotine addiction; possibly a bit of both.

Comment

MARCH 11TH, 2019, 12:08 AM-10:00 PM, MST (JOHNNY APPLESEED DAY)
                        01. 12:08 AM
                        02. 12:45 AM
                        03. 01:15 AM
                        04. 11:45 AM
                        05. 12:30 PM
                        06. 12:45 PM
                        07. 01:40 PM
                        08. 02:00 PM
                        09. 02:22 PM
                        10. 03:00 PM
                        11. 03:20 PM
                        12. 03:56 PM
                        13. 04:14 PM
                        14. 04:42 PM
                        15. 05.00 PM
                        16. 05:15 PM
                        17. 05:36 PM
                        18. 06:15 PM
                        19. 07:44 PM
                        20. 08:15 PM

21. 08:31 PM
                        22. 08:51 PM
                        23. 09:26 PM
                        24. 09:41 PM
                        25. 10:10 PM
                        26. 10:35 PM
                        27. 11:00 PM
                        28. 11:35 PM

Summary: Just under a pack and a half of cigarettes smoked today; better than yesterday. I've found yesterday that it helps if I only smoke half of a cigarette at a time too; each cigarette takes almost twice as long then.

Last edited by Sollomyn; 11 Mar 2019, 22:16.

Comment

That's awesome progress
                          “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            That's awesome progress
                            Thanks.

I think the reason I always failed trying to quit in the past is because I never tried to cut back or wean myself off first, and I'd just go cold turkey without using any cessation aids; I found a nicotine gum system that comes in three levels, and shouldn't have to be used any longer than four weeks.

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH 12TH, 2019, 12:12 AM-11:45 PM, MST (GIRL SCOUT DAY)
                              01. 12:12 AM
                              02. 12:53 AM
                              03. 01:19 AM
                              04. 01:46 AM
                              05. 02:04 AM
                              06. 02:48 AM
                              07. 03:27 AM
                              08. 03:56 AM
                              09. 04:15 AM
                              10. 04:50 AM
                              11. 05:24 AM
                              12. 05:54 AM
                              13. 06:21 AM
                              14. 06:42 AM
                              15. 07:00 AM
                              16. 07:35 AM
                              17. 08:12 AM
                              18. 08:44 AM
                              19. 09:03 AM
                              20. 09:41 AM

21. 10:05 AM
                              22. 10:34 AM

23. 04:06 PM
                              24. 04:55 PM
                              25. 05:09 PM
                              26. 05:31 PM
                              27. 05:48 PM
                              28. 06:05 PM
                              29. 06:23 PM
                              30. 07:08 PM
                              31. 07:37 PM
                              32. 08:08 PM
                              33. 08:51 PM
                              34. 09:10 PM
                              35. 09:39 PM
                              36. 10:16 PM
                              37. 10:48 PM
                              38. 11:10 PM
                              39. 11:32 PM
                              40. 11:45 PM

Summary: I smoked a lot more cigarettes today than I did the other two days; a whole two packs, (slept a lot less, too, though; only a few hours or so of shut-eye; woke up at 4:00 PM MST). Tomorrow I'll shoot for only having two an hour for every hour; there's been a few hours where I had finished three cigarettes within the hour, as opposed to my usual four or five when I'm not even trying to cut back and just smoking unconsciously haha.

From there, I can start moving towards only one an hour. I hope to be smoking less than a full pack a day by the time I switch to the gum. I may or may not make a gradual transition to the gum as well; for instance, chewing a piece of gum every other cigarette or so, until it gets to the point I'm smoking less than half a pack of cigarettes a day.

At least I made sure to get this day's count correct; I think I might've been off by a couple of cigarettes yesterday. Hope I can get to sleep soon; probably going to be awake until the early hours of tomorrow, which begin in approximately fifteen minutes...Mountain Standard Time.
                              Last edited by Sollomyn; 12 Mar 2019, 22:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X