Moving Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving Abroad

Doesn't Germany use PAL format for TV? Been so long since I though about that I've forgotten to be honest. Yet I know the US doesn't use PAL. That was one of the big issues I recall from PCSing to Europe back in the day.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm trying to get an idea of rental prices right now, so I can plan. The advantage for me is that the government pays for it...but I have to be able to fork out the upfront. I want to stay in temporary housing as short a time as possible... :/
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I'm trying to get an idea of rental prices right now, so I can plan. The advantage for me is that the government pays for it...but I have to be able to fork out the upfront. I want to stay in temporary housing as short a time as possible... :/
        Does the government pay for you to ship your stuff as well? I was kinda wondering how it would work, shipping all that stuff across the ocean. It's kinda forced minimalism, huh?
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

They do pay for the moving, up to a certain amount of weight, and will move one vehicle as well, but that takes 45-60 days, and we only own one vehicle right now.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

You can drive an American vehicle over there? You don't need to have the steering wheel switched, etc? There's a heck of a lot to this, huh?
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              You can drive an American vehicle over there? You don't need to have the steering wheel switched, etc? There's a heck of a lot to this, huh?
              Don't you guys have the wheel on the left side of the car? It's only the Brits that are a bit crazy over here, the rest if Europe is sane.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Germany's roads and vehicles are the same as the US. Steering wheel on the left. Drive on the right.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  Don't you guys have the wheel on the left side of the car? It's only the Brits that are a bit crazy over here, the rest if Europe is sane.
                  Yup, we are normal...at least in regards to driving.

Shahaku, I found this (for other countries): https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hir...ndy-Guide.aspx

I did not realize so many countries drove on the left actually...
                  Last edited by thalassa; 18 Mar 2019, 09:52.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Yup, we are normal...at least in regards to driving.

Shahaku, I found this (for other countries): https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hir...ndy-Guide.aspx

I did not realize so many countries drove on the left actually...
                    Huh, I honestly thought we were one of the few with the wheel on the left, weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X