Live Action Aladdin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Action Aladdin

Not sure if there's a thread for all the live action Disney movies or not so figured I'd just play it safe.

I'm not a huge fan of Disney's need to re-do all of their movies as live actions (Or...pure CGI in some cases) but after seeing the trailer for Aladdin, I'm pretty excited about this one. It looks like they are going to lean into Bollywood style, and the colors and cinematography made me feel like I was watching the animated movie again as a kid.

I still don't know how I feel about Will Smith as Genie, but I think that he might be really good at it.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Re: Live Action Aladdin

I'll say this. This live action remake of Aladdin isn't going to be Oscar worthy but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      I'll say this. This live action remake of Aladdin isn't going to be Oscar worthy but I could be wrong.
      Why do you think this?
      “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I'm actually so stoked for live action Lion King.
        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
          Why do you think this?
          Because Will Smith as Genie is very poorly creative CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Ngl, so am I. Like, if they are going to remake them, then obviously I'm gonna watch them, but I would also be content to see new animated movies, so either way we win lol.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Mufasa die in HD though lol. Though "Can you feel the love" and Rafiki hitting Simba in the head are things I'm dying to see.

Comment

Same here; definitely looking forward to it. I'm a super fan of all things Disney haha.

Looking forward more to the Lion King than Aladdin though; Aladdin would've been a thousand times better with Robin Williams returning to voice a much better CGI Genie. May he rest in piece.

Comment

why does it matter whether it's going to be Oscars worthy or not?

I don't think I'll be seeing any of these live action remakes of the cartoon movies in the cinema, but I will give them a go if they make it to amazon prime or netflix.
                In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
                  why does it matter whether it's going to be Oscars worthy or not?

I don't think I'll be seeing any of these live action remakes of the cartoon movies in the cinema, but I will give them a go if they make it to amazon prime or netflix.
                  Because most Disney movies are Oscar worthy.

Comment

Because most Disney movies are Oscar worthy.
                    What makes a movie Oscar's worthy to you? I feel like you're making a very subjective claim because I don't consider a lot of Disney movies worthy of an Oscar.
                    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      What makes a movie Oscar's worthy to you? I feel like you're making a very subjective claim because I don't consider a lot of Disney movies worthy of an Oscar.
                      Dramatic, family friendly, exceptionally great. That what makes it Oscar worthy. Most Disney movies are always get nominated in the Oscars.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      Dramatic, family friendly, exceptionally great. That what makes it Oscar worthy. Most Disney movies are always get nominated in the Oscars.

Comment

Actually most Disney movies do not get nominated for Oscar's. Probably a great majority of them will never see an Oscar nomination during their run. I highly doubt films such as the Lizzie McGuire Movie, The Hannah Montana Movie, or any of that type of made for TV movie or generic family type movie would even be considered.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Actually most Disney movies do not get nominated for Oscar's. Probably a great majority of them will never see an Oscar nomination during their run. I highly doubt films such as the Lizzie McGuire Movie, The Hannah Montana Movie, or any of that type of made for TV movie or generic family type movie would even be considered.
                          Well I actually a big fan of Disney. Disney TV movies not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Yeah, this! I'm super excited for live action lion king. I kinda wanna watch Dumbo, and Alain makes the list, but lion king is what I'm looking forward to.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Disney's just responding to demand. I will always be a fan of the 'old' animated Disney movies, because I grew up with them. But this is 2019 and new technologies and demands are making it possible to remake them into modern versions. So why not? I'm definitely looking forward to Lion King as well.

I'm also waiting for Pocahontas, which as far as I know is not planned (yet). Together with Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, those were my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                              X