Heya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya

Wow, didn't know there were any active pagan forums still around! Awesome. I'm Mike. I've been involved with western esoteric groups in the past, but have always been active in Wicca where I'm a Priest in the Alexandrian tradition, and also a Gaelic Polytheist in my personal practise adhering to the trads and deities of the land. Greetings!

Re: Heya

Hi Micheál! Welcome to the forum!

We're a bit of a dying breed, but that doesn't stop us from trying to keep the forum alive. Love the pic of you with your cat! Too sweet.

I've never been involved in any groups, by virtue of living in remote places most my adult life, but practice a type of bioregionalism.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Hey Micheal, welcome to the forum Your kitty's gorgeous! I miss having pets.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Micheál!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I've noticed most forums are slow if they are even around now, but here has much more inactivity than the rest.

Awk cheers again, my cat is my wee girl lol

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!

I blame FB and such for the death of forums...which sucks, because I think that people had much better interaction on forums than social media.
              “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
              ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
              ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Hello and welcome to PF!

I blame FB and such for the death of forums...which sucks, because I think that people had much better interaction on forums than social media.
                Also forums aren't blatantly designed for the singular purpose of exploiting everything about their userbase to line Zuckerberg's wallet
                "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum!
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Welcome to PF! Glad to have you here
                    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum. I have one question to ask you, are you the same Michael from Mystickwicks and Earthsong Forums by any chance?

Comment

Thanks again, and yes, I agree that interaction in these boards are much deeper than what the mainstream social media outlets mould for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                        Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum. I have one question to ask you, are you the same Michael from Mystickwicks and Earthsong Forums by any chance?
                        Lol I am! Good to see a familiar name : )

Comment

Originally posted by Micheál View Post
                          Thanks again, and yes, I agree that interaction in these boards are much deeper than what the mainstream social media outlets mould for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I am! Good to see a familiar name : )
                          Hey Michael. How are you doing?

Comment

Welcome to PF. We're not over the rainbow but we still have lots to offer I think though at times it slows down a bit.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Cheers mate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X