John Halstead on paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Halstead on paganism

Just sharing in light of some recent questions on what paganism is. This version really resonates with me, personally, and it's a good 'make you think' type read.

Martin Buber said spoke of “a quiet devoted relationship with nearby life.” That’s a beautiful description of what I have been seeking in the word “pagan”.

Mostly art.

Re: John Halstead on paganism

I love this! I call myself a kitchen witch. I do most of my practicing there but I've had profound moments just being outside. Spending time working in my yard, or on a walk. It really resonated.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So real. That's what I love about the beliefs in this group

Comment

I enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing V. I'm trying to get to a point where I no longer consider myself a 'lazy' pagan, and more just am aware of how pagan i already am in the every day, because that's what paganism is to me. Big ol' rituals are fun, but that's not paganism for me.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment