Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hello

First off I would like to say that I'm happy to see there are still actual forums out there and even more happy to see that this one is active.
    It's not easy to get into contact with other pagans where I live so this is kinda my only way to talk to others with this particular similar interest.

I'm an active pagan, albeit solitary. My family line is Irish extraction into the Netherlands and Belgium so I did grow up with a distinct belief in little people or fae folk and their traditions.

In my free time I make runes and dreamcatchers and am in the process of transforming my back yard into a personal grove.

Thanks for listening!

Re: Introducing myself

Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 25 Apr 2019, 01:21.

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to PF!
        “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Howdy, GreenKeeper (+2 for a name I can spell without doublechecking ).

Welcome to the forum!
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hello and welcome from a fellow crafter!
            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, hate to make life more difficult for others, so it's my small contribution

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Still figuring out the forum a bit so I think I might have double posted to someone with something that was meant for someone else.

I'll get used to it eventually.

Thank you all again!

Comment

Working...
                X