Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Info on demonolatry

Originally posted by Will View Post
    To start out with, do you know of any that are friendly?
    Well, 'friendly' is a relative term! One of the easiest places to start is the Goetia, as information on Them is readily available and it's easy to learn who may be able to help with what sort of purpose. Just remember that most of the literature we have on the Goetia was written by Christian priests and mystics... so ignore the 'methods' and just read the descriptions. The sigils can be useful to help connect with the Demon, as long as you remember that you are opening communication lines with that specific entity, NOT aiming to summon or bind Them!

The main thing is to treat Them with respect. Approach them as you would any deity... with respect, humility and honesty. Remember that these entities are capable of scrambling up your energy if you offend them... but as long as you approach them respectfully, the worst you are likely to get is ignored. If your interest is genuine and respectful and you leave your preconceived notions at the door, you are likely to have a beneficial experience.

Personally, I work closely with Barbados, but that is because we connect via my work with animals and animal spirits. Early in my adventures, some of the first Demons to respond were Halphas and Sabnach. Others may have a different experience, depending on their requirements. So I hesitate to give out a specific recommendation... because it really does depend on your needs. There aren't really any ambassadors who like to pick up stray newbies... and Demons generally expect you to earn their attention and assistance. There are no free rides or easy pathways in Demonolatry. You will need to do the initial legwork to get your foot in the door, and that typically means research and getting your own goals and expectations in order.

Comment

Working...
    X