Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Captain and The Amazing Inflating Cat

OK - first off, the inflating cat...

IttyBittyKitty has a problem. She periodically inflates as if she were 5 years pregnant. I'm not exaggerating - she gets very big and round. It takes about a month or two to happen. Then.... She leaks a lot of fluid, and goes back to normal size.

We took her into the vet, but the vet couldn't figure out what was going on. She tried an X-ray, but couldn't see through the fluid. The vet decided that it was probably some sort of cancer, and suggested that, at IttyBitty's age and size, we should just keep an eye on her and make sure she isn't suffering.

But the cat acts completely normal, this was a month ago, and IttyBitty is currently uninflated, and still normal.

Second, The Captain...

So two days ago I was out cooking on the grill when I heard a cat meowing. I said to K'roe "I heard a cat outside" (this is how we usually get our cats). By the next day, K'roe had the cat in the house. We've called her "The Captain" because she is missing an eye. The other eye doesn't look too good, but at least it's still there. We're taking her into the vet on Monday.

Do they make eye patches for cats?

She's a real sweet cat - loves to be held & petted.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: The Captain and The Amazing Inflating Cat

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    OK - first off, the inflating cat...

IttyBittyKitty has a problem. She periodically inflates as if she were 5 years pregnant. I'm not exaggerating - she gets very big and round. It takes about a month or two to happen. Then.... She leaks a lot of fluid, and goes back to normal size.

We took her into the vet, but the vet couldn't figure out what was going on. She tried an X-ray, but couldn't see through the fluid. The vet decided that it was probably some sort of cancer, and suggested that, at IttyBitty's age and size, we should just keep an eye on her and make sure she isn't suffering.

But the cat acts completely normal, this was a month ago, and IttyBitty is currently uninflated, and still normal.

Second, The Captain...

So two days ago I was out cooking on the grill when I heard a cat meowing. I said to K'roe "I heard a cat outside" (this is how we usually get our cats). By the next day, K'roe had the cat in the house. We've called her "The Captain" because she is missing an eye. The other eye doesn't look too good, but at least it's still there. We're taking her into the vet on Monday.

Do they make eye patches for cats?

She's a real sweet cat - loves to be held & petted.
    1. I'm sorry to hear about IttyBitty. I hope it's nothing serious.

2. We used to have a one eyed cat. He had two eyes when we got him, but he got into a fight with either one of our turkeys or some crows (we lived on a farm and both, the turkeys and crows, had the balls to do whatever pleased them).
    He did not have a patch but I like the idea.

pirate-cat.jpg
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: The Captain and The Amazing Inflating Cat

Lol, the title sounds like an odd kitty superhero team!

I hope they are both okay!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X