Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A true story of heroism

This heppened...

Wife K'roe has anxiety issues. What would bring most people to an anxiety level of 5 brings her to a level 18. Mostly we deal with it.

You also need to know that we have two dogs - an old, fat beagle with congestive heart failure and bad hips who still enjoys life, but can't walk 50 feet without needing a nap, and an exuberant 1 year old boxer mix.

So then...

K'roe took the puppy out for a walk in the woods. The beagle was outside, happily splashing around in his wading pool.

Unfortunately, K'roe got lost in the woods, and banged around with the pup, screaming for help and crying. she finally found her way back after 2 hours, completely hysterical.

But when she got back, the beagle was gone. He never wanders off any more - he just doesnt have the energy.

K'roe, already hysterical from being lost went into a uber-panic because dogbert was gone.

By the time I got home (took off early because of K'roe's panic call), she was roling on the floor, in tears. I hunted that dog for over 3 hours, and couldn't find him.

Finally, several hours later, I saw him drag himself out of the woods. He collapsed at the forest edge, and couldn't go any further. I had to carry him in.

He literally could not stand up for two days afterward.

He never heads out to the wild any more; he just isn't physically able to. All we can figure is that old guy heard K'roe in distress, and headed out - dispite his infirmities - to rescue her.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: A true story of heroism

Wow. That's a very inspiring story Corbin. He's a true hero.

Comment

Oh that's a lovely story. Hope everyone is okay now. Dogs can be amazingly loyal, pushing themselves above and beyond for those they love. <3
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

OH! What a poor, brave doggo!! How lucky you guys are to have such a great friend!
        Last edited by thalassa; 09 May 2019, 05:42.
        “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
        ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
        ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Both K'roe & the dogbert have recovered.

Dogbert earned many treats...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
          X