Soul voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul voice

Anyone ever heard of soul voices? Or soul song? Or soul art?

Story time!
    So at that fair the other weekend, there were people doing readings everywhere, mostly tarot (I can do that myself, or ask a friend, any time), a few psychic/medium types (not really my jam) and a one or two other randoms, including this woman doing Soul Art, and I thought, hell, why not, she's wearing glitter, and I get to take a picture home!
    Well we did the talking, and she did the drawing (all the while I was on a recycled 'throne' with a handmade wire crown on my head!) and then asked if had ever heard of soul voice, and if I was comfortable with her using hers with me, to which I replied, no, and sure! Well she looks deep in my eyes... and starts talking jibberish. It sounded like language, had rhythm and flow, and she definitely did not stop to think, but it was nonsense words. I don't know what exactly was being communicated, but it was nice, and interesting.
    After this (and chats about my music background - there was lots of talk about how I'm a bomb communicator, I just tend to overdo it and my point gets lost, and sometimes I just go on and on, and I'm a music teacher etc etc) we got onto the soul song, and so we went out into the foyer, she sung a note, and I matched it, and we just resonated until we needed to take breath.
    By the end of it we were both changing pitch at will, and matching each other and it was odd and oddly freeing. Of course we went back into the hall, and had another go around people.

Part of me wishes I had a picture of me, in my crown, next to my throne, with my soul art, staring into the eyes of this lady in a flower crown, covered in glitter, singing notes at each other. But at least I came home with y picture, a message of 'creative communication from the heart' and 'female power' and many questions about soul voices.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Re: Soul voice

I can't say I've ever heard of a 'soul voice' per se... but the power of the voice and the spoken/sung word is fairly well known in the Northern paths. We have an entire flavour of magical practice specifically centered around the power of the voice... that's essentially what 'galdr' is. There is also a fairly strong tradition of the voice as a tool in many shamanic traditions, so this is a very familiar concept for me, even if I've not heard of the specific terminology or methodology.

The power of sound and the voice is a common theme in many traditional and modern practices, so I wonder if the 'soul voice' and the language she used is just the external manifestation of this woman's particular power?

Comment

Omfg how did I forget about galdr?! *facepalm*

I also wonder how much of my reading was a projection of where she was at, or if we really were just both on the same wavelength and put in the right place at the right time. hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Any one know any good galdr resources?

RIP

You cut your hair short
      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        Anyone ever heard of soul voices? Or soul song? Or soul art?
        Well she looks deep in my eyes... and starts talking jibberish. It sounded like language, had rhythm and flow, and she definitely did not stop to think, but it was nonsense words. I don't know what exactly was being communicated, but it was nice, and interesting.
        This sounds exactly like the pentecostal characteristic of Speaking in Tongues or speaking in a heavenly language. It's viewed in pentecostal churches as the evidence that someone is baptised in the Holy Spirit. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is said to empower a believer to tell others about their revelation of Christ and to enable them to operate in their unique call.

That's a beautiful story Heka of what sounded like an experience that helped you connect with someone else on a higher level and also left you feeling empowered and unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          This sounds exactly like the pentecostal characteristic of Speaking in Tongues or speaking in a heavenly language. It's viewed in pentecostal churches as the evidence that someone is baptised in the Holy Spirit. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is said to empower a believer to tell others about their revelation of Christ and to enable them to operate in their unique call.

That's a beautiful story Heka of what sounded like an experience that helped you connect with someone else on a higher level and also left you feeling empowered and unique.
          Yeah it definitely sounded like Christian mystics to me too. I just don't know much about it really, from any angle.

Empowered and unique... she'd be proud of me I think!

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            Yeah it definitely sounded like Christian mystics to me too. I just don't know much about it really, from any angle.
            tbh its such a weird pentecostal thing, I didn't think anyone else at all did it.

Comment

I have done Tibetan throat singing,it is more a breath control in meditation to enter a trance state google it on youtube for an example. wait I will go get it ok.

it is an interesting practice.
              [

- - - Updated - - -

more you can imagine how breath control is utilized in this
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I have done Tibetan throat singing,it is more a breath control in meditation to enter a trance state google it on youtube for an example. wait I will go get it ok.

it is an interesting practice.

- - - Updated - - -

more you can imagine how breath control is utilized in this
                That second video you linked.. WOW I am BLOWN AWAY! I don't understand how he's making and seemingly controlling two pitches.

Comment

Working...
                X