Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying again...

Hi!

I am new here, but not new. I posted here as "aMuse" years ago, but stopped coming here when Chain died (RIP). I tried to use my old name, and it said I did not exist. I guess it is appropriate, as I have moved on a bit since then.

After decades of looking for answers, trying to understand, I finally realized that what I was looking for was quite simple, and quite complex: Myself. I realized that I am the result of everything and everyone and every place I have ever been, met, read... experienced. Constantly evolving. Absorbing and assimilating, letting the pieces that do not or no longer "stick" fall to the wayside, another bit of memory that remains. The simple part? Non-theistic, eclectic, solitary Witch.

I have learned so much more about myself in the process, enough to fill volumes I think. Hoping to discover more here, now that my world is a bit clearer

Snow*

Re: Trying again...

Originally posted by SnowLeFae View Post
    Hi!

I am new here, but not new. I posted here as "aMuse" years ago, but stopped coming here when Chain died (RIP). I tried to use my old name, and it said I did not exist. I guess it is appropriate, as I have moved on a bit since then.

After decades of looking for answers, trying to understand, I finally realized that what I was looking for was quite simple, and quite complex: Myself. I realized that I am the result of everything and everyone and every place I have ever been, met, read... experienced. Constantly evolving. Absorbing and assimilating, letting the pieces that do not or no longer "stick" fall to the wayside, another bit of memory that remains. The simple part? Non-theistic, eclectic, solitary Witch.

I have learned so much more about myself in the process, enough to fill volumes I think. Hoping to discover more here, now that my world is a bit clearer

Snow*

Welcome back!

Not sure what happened with your old user name though, that is odd...

With that being said, I love what you have found!

Glad to see you again!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

If the account had zero posts, it probably got caught during a username pruning session. (even if there were posts made in intros and some of the funny/games section, the account would show zero posts because those sections don't contribute toward overall post count. We've had problems in the past with spammers bolstering their posts this way so they can circumvent our link posting restrictions just so they can post their spam. Yes, it's stupid. Bad apples like to ruin good things for everyone else.)

Welcome back to PF.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Welcome back!
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Hi!
          Thanks!
          I was active back around 2007-2010, and then began several years of trying to figure things out. I think this newest version of the forum only goes back to Oct 2010, and I had stopped coming around by then, so that might be why "aMuse" no longer exists? Maybe I would have need to sign in at some point? I chatted via phone with RoknRol a bit, and Chain a bunch, and unsure if Juni remembers meeting me and my wife in person at a mall eatery. Was eons ago, a time when I was in a not so good place. So much has changed...

Snow*

Comment

Hi!
            Thanks!
            I was active back around 2007-2010, and then began several years of trying to figure things out. I think this newest version of the forum only goes back to Oct 2010, and I had stopped coming around by then, so that might be why "aMuse" no longer exists? Maybe I would have need to sign in at some point? I chatted via phone with RoknRol a bit, and Chain a bunch, and unsure if Juni remembers meeting me and my wife in person at a mall eatery. Was eons ago, a time when I was in a not so good place. So much has changed...

Snow*
            The forum crashed rather horrendously in late 2010. The current forum (barring some posts salvaged from an epically corrupted database) effectively started in October of 2010. If you were last active before 10/2010 then your account died with the original boards.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome back to the forum!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                The forum crashed rather horrendously in late 2010. The current forum (barring some posts salvaged from an epically corrupted database) effectively started in October of 2010. If you were last active before 10/2010 then your account died with the original boards.
                Ooooh!!! Wow, yeah, that would explain it. Thanks for explaining!!!

Snow*

Comment

Hi!
                  Thanks!

Snow*
                  I definitely do remember you! Sorry, I missed you mentioning your previous username in the first post) I'm very sorry your previous account was consumed by the eternal abyss.

It's been a very long time but it's damn good to see you here again.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Oooh! One of the old ones!

Welcome back. I don't remember you, but I joined in 09.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome back!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      You make it sound like an ancient primordial deity has awoken from it's eons long slumber, haha!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Thanks again for all the replies/welcomes (back)!

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                        Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        You make it sound like an ancient primordial deity has awoken from it's eons long slumber, haha!
                        Mayyyybeee... :devil: but, not eons exactly... nor slumbering exactly... :devilish:

Snow*

Comment

I thought there had to be an e at the end of old to make it seem ancient? Olde Pharts, the lot of some of you.

Edit: I forgot, welcome back to PF.
                          Last edited by Oshii; 19 Jul 2019, 13:43.
                          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Working...
                          X