Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can one fail as human being?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: Can one fail as human being?

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    I think BH is working on failing or succeeding as a human being somewhere along the lines of "Do what thou wilt, an it harm none". I don't think that that has ever been Trump's standard of succeeding as a human being. So yes, because we do not have an objective unassailable definition. Also, while Trump may fail by my personal moral standards, he is acting out some very human traits, so in that sense he is succeeding as a human being. All we have is philosophical debate. The reason we have so much contention going on here in the US is that we are working from different ideas of moral absolutes, and the current political climate plays into those clashes.
    What that suppose to mean?

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

I think that when humans try and judge the humanity of other humans by moral standards, they are engaging in a bit of comforting self deception. Unfortunately, it isn't a useful bit of self deception. It's usually easier to defeat problems that you understand. Strategy built on self-deception and wishful thinking has been known to lead to catastrophic (see Imperial Japan in WW2) and/or embarrassing (see current state of Iraq and Afghanistan after US intervention) ends.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

in the sense of fulfilling the duty of country first over personal agenda i feel trump is failing this country in allowing his decisions to bring dishonor to our home country
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Wait a minute. What's happening with this thread? Has it changed?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Technically we are just sorta here to live. Technically we all eventually fail. It's all the stuff in the middle that's completely subjective to each individual's definition of what is the opposite of failure is.

I will personally not have a living descendant from me when I die. I will have all my possessions junked. I will only live in a few people's memories, though I tend to outlive and outlast everyone I know. Is that a failure? Nope. I'm having a blast!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    How is Chump consider the greatest human being of all the bad stuff he did?
    He is considered to be real good by some people, it just depends who you ask. The "bad" stuff he did... Is it globally bad? I'm pretty sure his actions were good to a few. See where I'm getting to?

This thread hasn't changed, it wasn't about Trump, never was. I just followed your example because it seemed easier for me to explain my point of view to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Technically we are just sorta here to live. Technically we all eventually fail. It's all the stuff in the middle that's completely subjective to each individual's definition of what is the opposite of failure is.

I will personally not have a living descendant from me when I die. I will have all my possessions junked. I will only live in a few people's memories, though I tend to outlive and outlast everyone I know. Is that a failure? Nope. I'm having a blast!
    Satan knows I'm having a blast, too!
    Last edited by Sean R. R.; 04 Aug 2019 at 18:36.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Sean R. R. View Post
    He is considered to be real good by some people, it just depends who you ask. The "bad" stuff he did... Is it globally bad? I'm pretty sure his actions were good to a few. See where I'm getting to?

This thread hasn't changed, it wasn't about Trump, never was. I just followed your example because it seemed easier for me to explain my point of view to you.

Satan knows I'm having a blast, too!
    Have you even watch the World News? Chump did so many bad stuff. Obviously you been living under a rock or you're just too blind to see that. I'm through wasting my time debating with you because I obviously know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 04 Aug 2019 at 18:46.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Have you even watch the World News? Chump did so many bad stuff. Obviously you been living under a rock or you're just too blind to see that. I'm through wasting my time debating with you because I obviously know what I'm talking about.
    I know you are upset. Hell, we all are. But there is more than one person to blame for this mess we are in. And insulting a forum member isn't going to help you. Maybe you need a time out. Go get a drink of something sweet. A snack perhaps.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I know you are upset. Hell, we all are. But there is more than one person to blame for this mess we are in. And insulting a forum member isn't going to help you. Maybe you need a time out. Go get a drink of something sweet. A snack perhaps.
    My apologies everyone. But do try to understand where I coming from. But Sean comments really push my buttons. I still stand by what I said and my opinion about Chump won't change at all.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

My apologies everyone. But do try to understand where I coming from. But Sean comments really push my buttons. I still stand by what I said and my opinion about Chump won't change at all.
    Sean isn't trying to defend Trump. He's trying to make you look at something from more than one perspective. If he's pushing your buttons then it's because you aren't actually reading his post correctly. Calm down and look at what he's actually saying instead of flying off the handle.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis