Make Internet Forums Alive Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Internet Forums Alive Again!

This is not even a joke. This is serious that a few internet forums that I'm part of are dead. Nobody isn't even responding anymore. I know that social media is popular now but knowing how negative and toxic social media is internet forums are becoming extinct. I know that I'm not the only one who noticed the extinction of internet forums.

Re: Make Internet Forums Alive Again!

The most you can do is post engaging things that generate conversation.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Today's internet-based communication is mostly based in instant gratification and rapidly wrapped-up discussion. Forums, in the current paradigm, are out-dated, obsolete. It doesn't mean however that a few people like us still like the more in depth and slow paced conversation and debate that can be carried on forums, which are usually impossible in today's means of communication.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

i agree sean and even facebook is pretty lame these days
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Much of the problem with small forums is/was personal drama. I was a member of the all-time best horse racing forum years ago, and it suddenly ended because of a bad romance between admins. Another one I used to belong to had the most convoluted, absurd backstage drama going on and lost everyone due to it. When you get a more encompassing platform such as facebook, you see that in the individual groups. People just can't get along. (Except here, of course!)
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            Much of the problem with small forums is/was personal drama. I was a member of the all-time best horse racing forum years ago, and it suddenly ended because of a bad romance between admins. Another one I used to belong to had the most convoluted, absurd backstage drama going on and lost everyone due to it. When you get a more encompassing platform such as facebook, you see that in the individual groups. People just can't get along. (Except here, of course!)
            Yes most Facebook Groups (especially in Lenormand and Tarot) are horrible in my experience.

Comment

Working...
            X