A Small Victory For Eric Garner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Small Victory For Eric Garner

Well, it's about time that the NYPD enforce their code of conduct to fire that guy. Today I heard that the NYPD finally fire Daniel Pantiello or whatever his last name is for chokehold Eric Garner to death. To me, I feel like Eric justice is a small victory. What they could have done is to sent that racist bully to jail. It's a small victory but still.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 19 Aug 2019, 13:57.

Re: A Small Victory For Eric Garner

I think that what was done to Erik Garner was bad. I also think that the cop should have got a little more than a slap on the wrists. However, my grandfather was a policeman and it seems that some policemen are making bad names for them. My grandfather was one of the best men you ever knew. He knew the law and was just and fair. He did not distinguish by color. I believe there are men still out there like that, but there are some that make being a white cop have a negative side.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I think that what was done to Erik Garner was bad. I also think that the cop should have got a little more than a slap on the wrists. However, my grandfather was a policeman and it seems that some policemen are making bad names for them. My grandfather was one of the best men you ever knew. He knew the law and was just and fair. He did not distinguish by colour. I believe there are men still out there like that, but there are some that make being a white cop have a negative side.
      I understand that there are some police officer are good and some are corrupted. I think the NYPD should have fired and put that guy to jail a long time ago. Law enforcement have favouritism when it comes to corrupted cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        I understand that there are some police officer are good and some are corrupted. I think the NYPD should have fired and put that guy to jail a long time ago. Law enforcement have favouritism when it comes to corrupted cops.
        I understand that. It's an unfortunate thing. I think this begins from the top where the police commissioner can excuse the bad cops. If you ever watch Whistleblowers there was one episode about cops and corruption. So I definitely think there is some problem from the top as well from within.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I understand that. It's an unfortunate thing. I think this begins from the top where the police commissioner can excuse the bad cops. If you ever watch Whistleblowers there was one episode about cops and corruption. So I definitely think there is some problem with the top as well from within.
          Some? Try many. This been going on since forever.
          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 20 Aug 2019, 19:48.

Comment

Some? Try many. This been going on since forever.
            Ok. Don't take the issue out on me. I was just using 'some' as a word. I get the issue. I'm not trying to upset anyone.
            Anubisa

Comment

Ok. Don't take the issue out on me. I was just using 'some' as a word. I get the issue. I'm not trying to upset anyone.
              I'm not. You always being so defensive about what I said. I'm just upset on how law enforcement handles the justice system which they are prejudice to African-Americans.

Comment

I'm not. You always being so defensive about what I said. I'm just upset on how law enforcement handles the justice system which they are prejudice to African-Americans.
                She wasn't being defensive. You are. Don't you see you're on the same side?
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Look I wasn't trying to be defensive if that was what you were thinking. I just wanted you to know that I didn't write 'some' to lessen the matter. I think the matter is important as I have emphasized.
                  Anubisa

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately people with smart phones is showing us that 'some' is a hell of a lot more than we once thought. So I have no idea if it's always been that way or this is the flashlight shining in on the roaches concept.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      She wasn't being defensive. You are. Don't you see you're on the same side?
                      Look I wasn't trying to be defensive if that was what you were thinking. I just wanted you to know that I didn't write 'some' to lessen the matter. I think the matter is important as I have emphasized.
                      My apologies. Something it very hard to tell the tone of this thread.

Comment

because texting needs context to be completely understood
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          because texting needs context to be completely understood
                          Yes texting can be a bit tricky though.

Comment

Working...
                          X