Oracular Logomantic Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracular Logomantic Cards

My friend had a tarot deck. Ten years ago, we used to sit in her room late nights, drink red wine, and try to read our cards. None of use knew how to read the cards. We used the little white booklet, and even then, the cards rarely, if ever, made any sense to us. My friend was the one who got me interested in reading tarot cards. But I was never good at it.

In my culture people use normal poker cards to fortune-tell. But they remove all cards under 7. Meaning, the 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s, and 2s are discarded. This is ultimately a French and European thing, since Indochina [my mother is Southeast Asia] was a French colony.

After not being able to read tarot cards, I searched for something simpler. Which was when I dis-covered Lenormand. It's style of reading greatly resembled the style used in Southeast Asian cultural fortune-telling. And so I bought myself a deck [many decks actually] of Lenormand cards, and spent a year practicing with them. They turned out to be easy to learn to read and work with.

After I got the hang of Lenormand, I decided to learn how to read a normal deck of playing cards [poker cards]. Thus, in that endeavor, I bought Regina Russell's book "Card Reading's Handbook."

I got lazy to memorize all of the playing card's meanings. And so, I went to a website called makeplayingcardsdotcom to make a deck of playing cards with all the meanings printed on them! So while I was working on my project of putting Regina Russell's means into the appropriate card, I decided on a gut instinctive impulse to put into each card the meanings from the Minor Arcana of the Tarot de Marseille.

I knew, from studying history that playing cards evolved from the ancient Tarot de Marseille's minor arcana. Thus, they should have similar meanings. I had several books on the meanings of the Tarot de Marseille cards, which often differs greatly from the New Age / Golden Dawn derivatives. To my amazement 90% of Regina Russell's card meanings matched up to the meanings of the minor arcana of the Tarot de Marseille.

And so, after I had placed Regina card meanings, and the meanings of the Tarot de Marseille in to each card, I ordered my custom made, one of a kind, playing card deck! I didn't have to memorize anything!

Thus did I use my playing card deck to practice reading with. The original reason why I printed the meanings on each card was that I was simply lazy to memorize everything. But I discovered that when I read my playing cards, certain words and phrased printed on them jumped out or grabbed my psyche. And that those words and phrased formed statements that answered my question in a very relevant manner.

I was familiar with this species of divination. In our culture it's the I Qing. At our Buddhist temples we have a container which holds 64 long and bamboo sticks. Each stick has a number printed on them. You focus on a question, and then shake the container, until one of the bamboo sticks falls out. You read the number and go to a wall where there are 64 draws, inside which are the I Qing statements which contains the answer to your question. This form of divination is called "Logomancy," meaning divination by way/means of words or written statements. Logomancy is one of the oldest forms of divination. Back in the old days, before writing was invented, priests would memorize the logomantic statements and pass them down orally. An example of this kind of logomancy would be Ifa [also called Afa and Fa] which consists of 256 logomantic statements. Ifa is used in Yoruba religion, Vodu of Benin and Togo, as well as in Santeria.

In printing means and phrases on my playing cards, I had unknowingly created a logomantic deck of cards, where the cards gave me relevant answers to my question in the form of words and phrased that jumped out.

I used my logomantic playing cards for a year, and learned that they were the most accurate cards I had. I spent a year testing them, by asking them questions like: "What did I do yesterday?" Or "What will I be doing in an hour?" Time and time again, the cards were able to logomantically tell me in words and phrases what I did or will be doing.

After a year of using my logomantic playing cards, I had the idea of doing the same with a deck of classic Golden Dawn cards. I went back to the website and made a deck of tarot cards where each card had a wall of texts, words, and phrases.

I used and tested the tarot deck. And like my playing cards, they behaved in a logomantic manner, where even the pictures themselves were not as relevant as the words and phrases that jumped out. I would ask, "what did I do yesterday?' and the cards literally spelled out what I did, as best as they could.

After using my logomantic tarot cards with success, I decided to make myself a logomantic deck of Lenormand cards as well!

Now, I use all three logomantic decks to read with. I've discovered from constantly testing them, that they have an accuracy rate of about 80%, and can answer complex question, such as "who killed Kashoggi?" and the cards literally talk to you.

So today, I use all three. I usually draw 3 cards from each deck per question. They each echo each other and answer the question in a different way. And together they help me "triangulate" an answer to my questions.
    Last edited by paganus; 25 Sep 2019, 09:31.

Re: Oracular Logomantic Cards

Oh wow. That's amazing.

Comment

When I'm able to post links, I'll post a picture of the cards in this thread so you guys can see what they look like.

Comment

Originally posted by paganus View Post
        When I'm able to post links, I'll post a picture of the cards in this thread so you guys can see what they look like.
        Ok. But I think you need a certain amount of post before posting any pictures or links I think.

Comment

Yeah. You're right Bartmanhomer. I can't post links or pictures yet. It'll be a while before I earn that privilege

Comment

Let me try it again now:

I can add links now. Those are what my cards look like.
            Last edited by paganus; 26 Sep 2019, 07:11.

Comment

Let me try it again now:

I can add links now. Those are what my cards look like.
              Wow, I love those type of cards. Very well detailed.

Comment

Yeah, I tried to cram as much detailed card meanings as possible That way my reading are "in depth" and end up saying a lot.

In a reading, not all those words and phrases will be applicable or relevant. In a reading certain words, texts, and phrases will catch your intuition and heart. Those would be the relevant words, texts, and phrases.

I used MS Word to make each card. I turned Word document into a PDF. Then I took a snapshot of the page of each PDF and I used those snapshots as the picture file to make the cards. It was a long and tedious process. But worth it all in the end!

Comment

Yeah, I tried to cram as much detailed card meanings as possible That way my reading are "in depth" and end up saying a lot.

In a reading, not all those words and phrases will be applicable or relevant. In a reading certain words, texts, and phrases will catch your intuition and heart. Those would be the relevant words, texts, and phrases.

I used MS Word to make each card. I turned Word document into a PDF. Then I took a snapshot of the page of each PDF and I used those snapshots as the picture file to make the cards. It was a long and tedious process. But worth it all in the end!
                  I'm interested to buy one. I like it.

Comment

You can have them for free. I don't sell anything. This is a link to download the files to make the playing cards one:

I don't have the tarot cards or lenormand cards up yet, because I have to do some major editing with the tarot deck one. When I upload those, I'll tell you here.

This essay tell you about the playing cards deck and tells you how to make the deck and which website to got to. The website only charges you $15:

And then this essay gives you an in depth example or two of reading done by them:

An Aeonic ONA Zine666 paged special 6th year edition of Nexion Zine. This issue deals with some of the following subject matters, in no particular order: The...

It's easy to make. You just drag and drop... the first essay will show you how to do it.
                    Last edited by paganus; 26 Sep 2019, 08:00.

Comment

Today, I did a "reverse daily draw" with all three of my logo antic decks, to see how they work together at describing my day.

A reverse daily draw is the opposite of a daily draw. With a reverse daily draw you wait till the evening, and then you ask your cards: "what did I do today," or "what did I experience today."

Reverse daily draws are good for testing decks to see if they actually work. Since you already experienced your day, you know what the answer should be, you know what your cards should say.

Reverse daily draws also helps you learn how your cards talk to you (their nuances). The more you test your cards, the more confidence you have in them that they are accurate.
                      Last edited by paganus; 28 Sep 2019, 19:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X