Favorite Ritual Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Ritual Items

Curious about people's favorite ritual items, cauldrons, wands, charms, etc. anything you simply cannot 'do without' in spell work.

Re: Favorite Ritual Items

Can't do without? There isn't much that I can't drop off the needs list if I don't have it. I usually have some candles. I have some crystal containers that I put salt and water in that I picked up at goodwill. And a dragon table that's my alter, but totally not necessary. I have a wand, don't really use it. I have an athame, only kinda use it. And I have two little red chalices. That's about it, for me.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagefire View Post
      Curious about people's favorite ritual items, cauldrons, wands, charms, etc. anything you simply cannot 'do without' in spell work.
      Truthfully there is nothing in my practice that I can't do without in my workings. I've found that when the need is there and the desire is there everything I've needed has been found in the environment at the time I've needed it. I've set up complete altar's in a matter of minutes in the forest from things scattered on the forest floor. Done the same from tidal debris at the shore line and odds and ends of shells with some drift wood.

Not to say I do not have items I use. I just do not have any that I cannot get by without.

It's like I prefer to use my sword (Samurai - Katana ) vice using a staff or wand. Actually I don't use a wand ever, never have. Since I use the long bladed Katana in place of a staff I tend to use the short bladed Wakizashi somewhat like an athame. But there are times I will use a staff, especially if I am in the woods. I also tend to use a Tine in those instances as well. Normally a 3 fingered tine is what I prefer, sort of like a trident. Currently without one but prefer hardwood over a softwood as a personal choice.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Truthfully there is nothing in my practice that I can't do without in my workings. I've found that when the need is there and the desire is there everything I've needed has been found in the environment at the time I've needed it. I've set up complete altar's in a matter of minutes in the forest from things scattered on the forest floor. Done the same from tidal debris at the shore line and odds and ends of shells with some drift wood.

Not to say I do not have items I use. I just do not have any that I cannot get by without.

It's like I prefer to use my sword (Samurai - Katana ) vice using a staff or wand. Actually I don't use a wand ever, never have. Since I use the long bladed Katana in place of a staff I tend to use the short bladed Wakizashi somewhat like an athame. But there are times I will use a staff, especially if I am in the woods. I also tend to use a Tine in those instances as well. Normally a 3 fingered tine is what I prefer, sort of like a trident. Currently without one but prefer hardwood over a softwood as a personal choice.
        Katana is an interesting choice to replace a staff. Anything in particular lead to that substitution?
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Katana is an interesting choice to replace a staff. Anything in particular lead to that substitution?
          Honestly I think it originated due to it holding all elements within or upon it. It represented Air as a natural usage, it represented earth from its creation element, it represented fire from it's birthing / creation and it represented water via its birthing and from the dragons engraved upon the blade. Due to how the blade is earth but also folded and bent it reminded me of the tectonic process within the earth. The forging process reminded me or the constant dynamic process of movement of earth energies, of the flow, ebb, rise and fall of the heat from the magma & Lava. Yet the dragon upon the blade reminds me of the same movements of water through the earth and air as both a solid and vapor or mist.

As a shaman or practitioner I move within all the currents and am influenced by them. SO it just felt natural and right to hold the sword which was also a thing made of something that was also composed of all those influences but also influencing upon them.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My only must have for ritual are my jewelry, which are more to help protect and focus me. Depending on the ritual there could be other must haves, like we usually want to have clean water and incense/herbs but, that could be worked around. Tools are nice but, they aren't what makes magic happen.
            Circe

Comment

Anything I can't do without? Myself...

Stuff I really like to use? My not so tiny little baby cauldron (for burning things).
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X