Lady and the Tramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lady and the Tramp

So I got a new tv with Amazon Fire (it's a smart tv), we hadn't got a new one since over 5 years ago and it's a sort of early Christmas present for my parents. It has Disney plus. I had been wanting to watch Lady and the Tramp. I had heard a lot of negative reviews even though people hadn't really seen it yet. They were upset about there being a black woman playing Darling, saying that there would be no black and white couple back then. I think it's time for an update personally. In my opinion, this is a really good movie. This is not a carbon copy. They did change Jock into a girl (Jacqline - I think that is how you spell it). Trusty was voiced by Sam Elliot. The thing I really missed that they didn't put into this movie was him referring to his grand pappy 'Old Reliable.' Instead his refers to his nose as Old Reliable. Lol! There is a lot more excitement. You get a back story on Tramp. It isn't a carbon copy, but it keeps a lot of the things from the cartoon. If you get a chance do watch it. I think you will like it.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Lady and the Tramp

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    So I got a new tv with Amazon Fire (it's a smart tv), we hadn't got a new one since over 5 years ago and it's a sort of early Christmas present for my parents. It has Disney plus. I had been wanting to watch Lady and the Tramp. I had heard a lot of negative reviews even though people hadn't really seen it yet. They were upset about there being a black woman playing Darling, saying that there would be no black and white couple back then. I think it's time for an update personally. In my opinion, this is a really good movie. This is not a carbon copy. They did change Jock into a girl (Jacqline - I think that is how you spell it). Trusty was voiced by Sam Elliot. The thing I really missed that they didn't put into this movie was him referring to his grand pappy 'Old Reliable.' Instead his refers to his nose as Old Reliable. Lol! There is a lot more excitement. You get a back story on Tramp. It isn't a carbon copy, but it keeps a lot of the things from the cartoon. If you get a chance do watch it. I think you will like it.
    I got Disney+ and I might be thinking of watching Lady And The Tramp on my list to watch on Disney+.

Comment

Personally my grandkids and wife hated it. But then they've also seen the original. Changed to much stuff from the original that was important to the main story line and to the follow up movie as well.

For instance it's critical to the story that the baby is left with the Aunt which is why Lady is put out of the house. It's not because of her cats. Lady is perceived of as being a threat to the baby and it also touches upon the change in the dynamic to the family with the arrival of the baby. It's like Tramp is not the one injured at the end when the dog catcher van is wrecked it's the old hound dog that you've been lead to believe has lost his sense of smell. That becomes somewhat important when Lady and Tramp's puppies are displayed at Christmas not Jock's puppies. Especially since Scamp, their son is the star of the next movie in the series.

Sorry another bs attempt to be politically correct which ruined another Disney movie.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Personally my grandkids and wife hated it. But then they've also seen the original. Changed to much stuff from the original that was important to the main story line and to the follow up movie as well.

For instance it's critical to the story that the baby is left with the Aunt which is why Lady is put out of the house. It's not because of her cats. Lady is perceived of as being a threat to the baby and it also touches upon the change in the dynamic to the family with the arrival of the baby. It's like Tramp is not the one injured at the end when the dog catcher van is wrecked it's the old hound dog that you've been lead to believe has lost his sense of smell. That becomes somewhat important when Lady and Tramp's puppies are displayed at Christmas not Jock's puppies. Especially since Scamp, their son is the star of the next movie in the series.

Sorry another bs attempt to be politically correct which ruined another Disney movie.
        I understand. I definitely don't disagree. However, in my opinion it is a bit of a refresher to see a different point of view. They could have followed it a bit more like they did the original one, but I did like movie. The cartoon versions are definitely the best in my point.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Well, yesterday I saw the Lady And The Tramp movie on Disney+ and I'm going to tell you my thoughts on the movie.
          Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
          X