First spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First spell

Hi everyone I've been reading books researching wicca/witches because I'm so fascinated and would like to learn more also reading on Spirituality. I'm just wondering I've not tried a spell yet I'm just interested to what first spell I should try if anyone as any ideas. Thank you

Re: First spell

There is no ideal first spell. Magic is a divine force and many witches view spells as a form of prayer, an appeal to the powers that your request may be granted. We do spells to create a change in the world. Basically, spells are for trying to accomplish goals, to get what you want. If there's something you're currently trying to do, like get a new job or treat insomnia for example, then try a simple spell to supplement it. Magic is best used in conjunction with muggle means. This is to say that a love spell might be more likely to work if you're actually trying to meet new people.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      There is no ideal first spell. Magic is a divine force and many witches view spells as a form of prayer, an appeal to the powers that your request may be granted. We do spells to create a change in the world. Basically, spells are for trying to accomplish goals, to get what you want. If there's something you're currently trying to do, like get a new job or treat insomnia for example, then try a simple spell to supplement it. Magic is best used in conjunction with muggle means. This is to say that a love spell might be more likely to work if you're actually trying to meet new people.
      Magic is an arcane force as well.

Comment

Cleansing, centering, or clarity..would be my picks for a first try.

If you're going to use magic, work on yourself first. Then...maybe...try to work on the world at large.

Finding and projecting our truest selves is the strongest magic most of us could ever hope to work. It moves mountains, cracks hearts of stone, and changes every bit of your world.

What would you do, first, if you had all imaginable magic at your command? I couldn't even begin to give you advice until I knew what that was. Until you knew what that was. Once you do, you won't need anyone's advice.
        Last edited by Rhythm; 26 Nov 2019, 15:08.

Comment

Thanks its really interesting listening to you all speaking about spells purpose of spells really good advice but corvus your right about changing the world with spells it was interesting read. And rhythm were would I find cleansing, centering, clarity spell which spells books can you advise me on getting. Thanks again guys

Comment

You can find them right where you sit. There is no magic in a book. There is no specific thing that is or isn't magical. If there were, we'd be accidentally hexing ourselves everytime we opened Southern Living and tried a new season rub on our ribs. But hey, that's just my take.

What do you think of when you think of a clear space? What sights, sounds, and smells do you associate with clarity of purpose or being? What one single object screams "center" to...to you? For some people, sage cleanses. For some people, water gives clarity. For some people, a small colored pebble represents the center of being. These things are unique to them and their experience and their culture. Other things may better represent each of those to you, based on individual predilections or your own culture.

Deciding on a framework to employ those ritual objects within is, likewise, pretty much up to you, and best left to you. You can't really go wrong with Margot Adler and Scott Cunningham for books on wicca as that structure. There's always the option of finding and joining a coven, if you'd prefer direction to introspection.
            Last edited by Rhythm; 27 Nov 2019, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
              You can find them right where you sit. There is no magic in a book. There is no specific thing that is or isn't magical. If there were, we'd be accidentally hexing ourselves everytime we opened Southern Living and tried a new season rub on our ribs. But hey, that's just my take.

What do you think of when you think of a clear space? What sights, sounds, and smells do you associate with clarity of purpose or being? What one single object screams "center" to...to you? For some people, sage cleanses. For some people, water gives clarity. For some people, a small colored pebble represents the center of being. These things are unique to them and their experience and their culture. Other things may better represent each of those to you, based on individual predilections or your own culture.

Deciding on a framework to employ those ritual objects within is, likewise, pretty much up to you, and best left to you. You can't really go wrong with Margot Adler and Scott Cunningham for books on wicca as that structure. There's always the option of finding and joining a coven, if you'd prefer direction to introspection.
              I agree with you Rhythm. Some of the basic books that I read and still read are by Scott Cunningham. Wicca and Living Wicca are the two best books that you should start with. I think you should start with meditation. You need to be be concentrated on the purpose of the spell. So you should should learn to meditate. This will help you learn to clear your mind and learn to focus.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you both I will look for those books and thanks for your advice I have been trying to meditate I think I need some help with meditating I have crystals I listen to meditation music but will take time I think I really want to see my spirit guides and connect to the spirit world thank you again both of you. It all helps me as a beginner 🙏

Comment

How did you get disconnected?

Comment

Working...
                  X