Good Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening

Hello, i am Dustin. After a bit of looking about for a forum to join- i landed here. You all have gathered and posted a vast amount of info. I will be doing more reading then posting- from the looks of thread searchs.

I am a man of tradtions ( i do my best to be a man) I enjoy The Wheel of The Year and all the festivals. I do not partake in magik. Everything I need can be found in the Earth, my ancestors and family. A thinking mind and a strong heart can do anything- I am an Old Norse pagan but I do not think of the Gods as we see them in contemporary depiction. The Gods for me are natural phenomena given human attributes BUT I do have a lot of fun telling my child tales and asking riddles. I mix in a little of everything for my child, if you need a good children's book, check out The Solstice Badger.

I spend my days, reading, brewing and spending as much time as I can outside. I have attended a private Christian college, this was a very interesting time in my life- I learned a lot, to make this short. Some ideas i hold are that we all should keep to our tribe, do our best to be our best, leave the Earth in a better shape then we have found it and teach our childeren to be good people.

In my mid 30s now, my life has changed alot. My wife passed away this past Oct. 13th. She was twenty-seven. This leaves my almost four year old and myself to ourselves. We will still follow our plan and we are not far off from living a complete permaculture life. Just have to buy a massive amount of solar batteries and get the root cellar working ( this has been a pain and is a lost art). So far the most challenging thing about this has been the idea of my child being removed from her daily life and knowing when to do this. I still think of waiting till she is an adult and I retire and hide amount the trees and my thoughts.

Being from a very isolated area, moving into a town and later a city has been an odd trip by itself. Growing up, I lived (my parents still do) 17 miles in an direction, away from other people- 28 miles to the nearest gas station, more cows then people and a lot of space and quit. I could even walk to the mailbox nude and not worry about anything other then a bug bite.

Feel free to ask anything you like and thank you for your time. Oh and I am really into the meaning of names, with these clues, see if you can figure out my full name...

1)
    Thor's stone
    2)
    Heathen (German) Old English is very different
    3)
    Germanic, "powerful and brave," composed of the elements ric,
    "power" and hard,
    "hardy or brave."

clues are not in any order.

Last edited by DHR; 08 Dec 2019, 19:02. Reason: some errors with the clues

Re: Good Evening

Hello Dustin and welcome to Pagan Forum. I do have one question that come to mind. How did you find and stared your Old Norse religion?

Comment

We have a winner on the first name (lol) !
      My mother is a solitary witch...more family tradition and kitchen witchcraft. She introduced me to the wonderful wild of plants and animals. She spiced things up with tales of talking animals, whispering trees and fairies. Like most of us- who and where I came from had huge impact on my faith. Later finding out that knowing and honoring our past is a part of my ancestors beliefs, it felt natural. Finding out about people like Tore Hund, literally "Thorir the Hound" had an amazing impact on me, in many ways.

No idea what is going on with theformat above this.
      Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Dec 2019, 20:15. Reason: removing endless tags

Comment

Originally posted by DHR View Post
        We have a winner on the first name (lol) !
        My mother is a solitary witch...more family tradition and kitchen witchcraft. She introduced me to the wonderful wild of plants and animals. She spiced things up with tales of talking animals, whispering trees and fairies. Like most of us- who and where I came from had huge impact on my faith. Later finding out that knowing and honoring our past is a part of my ancestors beliefs, it felt natural. Finding out about people like Tore Hund, literally "Thorir the Hound" had an amazing impact on me, in many ways.

No idea what is going on with theformat above this.
        Did you type up the post in another program and copy it into the text box?

Not sure if that would or wouldn't have netted the tags, tags, everywhere there be tags that was in place a moment ago. Anyway, I pulled the excess tags out of the post. If there was formatting that you wanted in there then let me know and I'll see about returning it.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Did you type up the post in another program and copy it into the text box?

Not sure if that would or wouldn't have netted the tags, tags, everywhere there be tags that was in place a moment ago. Anyway, I pulled the excess tags out of the post. If there was formatting that you wanted in there then let me know and I'll see about returning it.
          I was using a voice to text program. Yelling at my pc doesnt work sometimes with this wireless mic. The commands can go a little crazy, once in awhile. Ill just stop being lazy and do it the old analog way.
          Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Dec 2019, 20:35.

Comment

I was using a voice to text program. Yelling at my pc doesnt work sometimes with this wireless mic. The commands can go a little crazy, once in awhile. Ill just stop being lazy and do it the old analog way.
            Thanks for the info. I may have to test out voice to text programs later to see if I can reliably create certain errors that we occasionally see. I almost never use voice command programs so I haven't really thought about whether they might create unusual inputs.
            Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Dec 2019, 20:35.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              Thanks for the info. I may have to test out voice to text programs later to see if I can reliably create certain errors that we occasionally see. I almost never use voice command programs so I haven't really thought about whether they might create unusual inputs.
              Dragon Home 15 is what i was using. Most of the time its user error(s) in commanding. Will be previewing posts if and when i use Dagon again.

Comment

Dragon Home 15 is what i was using. Most of the time its user error(s) in commanding. Will be previewing posts if and when i use Dagon again.
                If you do use it much, I'd pay careful attention to color tags. Font and sizes may make things look a little odd but your post will still be legible. If it starts overriding default colors then you may accidentally make your post invisible to half the board. By default PF switches text color to contrast with the background but if you set the color then the software honors your choice. Now that's not a problem with some colors. The colors that staff use when speaking as staff are distinct enough to work anywhere but if something tags text as black for instance then it stays that way across all themes and becomes effectively invisible on dark themes.

Comment

Working...
                X