No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

You have not looked at every fact in the mans life and are going off of quick information. If you had looked into what Varg says now, you would have found that the man has corrected the boy, he once was. The man that Varg is today, in my eyes, has paid for his crimes. He killed a man, that wanted to kill him. Growing up in a pagan house, i can say that i have never meet a nazi. Never. I think you might be adding your culters history of hate and racism into your complete view of what you think is the over all Norse Pagan.

I would be more then happy to mail you the books i have that clearend my mind of many false ideas of pagan and the old norse teachings of riddles and rituals. If you have a PO BOX. Primordial White culture isnt a thing and has never been. Does your scopre of view always have this dash of hate ? Who or whatever you have seen or read, has been rather negative. If its the local hate group preaching Odin and Thor- as you know already is not correct.

I do know that the church Varg might have set light to was a church that was moved and re built on top of a pagan site. Not a neo pagan site but a real pagan stone circle used for sun worship. The church was moved on to the site...not by...not next to but right in the middle of the stone circle. The only bad thing I see is that the tax payer had to pony up the cash to rebuild the church.

Two sides to everything.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reasom, i have just now see the two replies above. one moment.

Comment

I'm still not convinced. In my eyes, he's still a racist. I don't care if he paid his debt to society. If he did then he wouldn't commit his crimes in the first place. Obviously, you support Varg, so I'm just going to take a step back into this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by DHR View Post

- - - Updated - - -

where did you meet him ?
        He lives about one hour car ride away from me. He is quite the celebrity in the metal scene, and I met him at a local concert on the town he lives in.
        I got lucky, apparently he doesn't go much to concerts anymore. He was never much into live music anyway.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I try to not be judgmental of anyone, but I did try to find this guy's youtube channel on youtube. It was deleted. There was a video on why it was deleted. The video did inform me that he was racist. I don't appreciate racism of any kind. I don't care what kind of racism you think it is, it is wrong. So that's my thoughts.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I think we have some crossed wires. You don't need to defend paganism or even norse paganism against accusations of nazism with me. I was merely pointing out that vikernes form of paganism is a representative of the types that white supremacists have historically gravitated towards. OFC there was no such thing as a primordial white culture, but the constructs of norse paganism that white supremacists employ help them to manufacture that fiction..and are alluring to them for blistering obvious reasons.

There's just one side to burning down a church. It's the side wherein a person sets fire to a church. Thankfully, we don't put up with people doing things like that, least of all for the reason you offered. The whole world would be alight if we went around torching religious sites that have been re-purposed. That's not something we started to do with the assumption and propagation of abrahamic religions, we've been doing this for 10k years at least, possibly 55k.

Like I said, he falls well below the bar for a solid person, let alone a solid pagan. It's not as if there are so few pagans to choose from that we have to resort to this particular one. His version of what paganism must be, is, likewise, not some redeeming porttion of an otherwise deeply flawed person, but part of the complex that has made him such a deeply flawed person to begin with. I would tell people looking into asatru to steer miles clear of anything the guy wrote.

Comment

Working...
            X