Donald Trump Have Been Impeached For Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Trump Have Been Impeached For Good

This is wonderful news. Donald Trump has been impeached. As the old thing goes, bye Felicia. Now it's time to make America smart again! LOL!

Re: Donald Trump Have Been Impeached For Good

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    This is wonderful news. Donald Trump has been impeached. As the old thing goes, bye Felicia. Now it's time to make America smart again! LOL!
    Don't cheer yet. Impeachment doesn't remove him. Things now go to a very Republican Senate which is unlikely to convict.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Don't cheer yet. Impeachment doesn't remove him. Things now go to a very Republican Senate which is unlikely to convict.
      But he's no longer president now right?

Comment

He is still president. Removing a president requires impeachment in the House and Conviction in the Senate. The latter is going to be exceedingly difficult to get.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          He is still president. Removing a president requires impeachment in the House and Conviction in the Senate. The latter is going to be exceedingly difficult to get.
          Really?! Oh, man.

Comment

This whole impeachment trial was complete bullcrap. Don't worry Chump will be out of office this November.

Comment

We'll have to see about that. We'll just hope he goes out.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Long live God Emperor Trump. Can't wait to watch "not my president" cringe when he wins again.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  We'll have to see about that. We'll just hope he goes out.
                  And now he's gone full metal Lenin - he's publicly assassinating (metaphorically speaking, of course) those who are disloyal.

This is so very wrong.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I wonder how things would be today if Romney had won in 2012. We never know the road not taken, but these things shape the whole world. I know my own life would have been 100% different in every way if JFK hadn't been assassinated. Anyway - I watched the debate tonight, and it seems like the candidates are all in step with supporting whichever one eventually is on the ballot, which is great.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I wonder how things would be today if Romney had won in 2012. We never know the road not taken, but these things shape the whole world. I know my own life would have been 100% different in every way if JFK hadn't been assassinated. Anyway - I watched the debate tonight, and it seems like the candidates are all in step with supporting whichever one eventually is on the ballot, which is great.
                      I watched a clip of the Obama-Romney debate from 2012 and it was quite shocking just how civil it was. Maybe it would have been better if Romney had won but the forces unleashed by Trump are probably going to stay around with us for a while. I hope Trump loses in November but I am not getting my hopes up. His base is so loyal he could easily get a second term if the electoral college works in his favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Laika View Post
                        I watched a clip of the Obama-Romney debate from 2012 and it was quite shocking just how civil it was. Maybe it would have been better if Romney had won but the forces unleashed by Trump are probably going to stay around with us for a while. I hope Trump loses in November but I am not getting my hopes up. His base is so loyal he could easily get a second term if the electoral college works in his favour.
                        The electoral college Is very outdated in my opinion. I fail to see the use of that voting system if we could go by the popular vote.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 11 Feb 2020, 15:00.

Comment

The electoral college Is very outdated in my opinion. I fail to see the use of that voting system if we could go by the popular vote.
                          It is true. needless to say history could have played out very differently if Al Gore had won in 2000 or Clinton won in 2016. Maybe the same forces in American politics would have been at work and we would have got something similar even without Trump, but we can always hope we might have avoided the strangeness of the world we are now living in.
                          Last edited by Laika; 11 Feb 2020, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Laika View Post
                            It is true. needless to say, history could have played out very differently if Al Gore had won in 2000 or Clinton won in 2016. Maybe the same forces in American politics would have been at work and we would have got something similar even without Trump, but we can always hope we might have avoided the strangeness of the world we are now living in.
                            I wouldn't call it strange, I call it insane.

Comment

I wouldn't call it strange, I call it insane.
                              More so every day! I think it's frustrating to him that the Dem. campaigns are starting to roll, because it means he's not getting ALL the news coverage. He's likely to create situation after situation to remedy that.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X