Thread: What's the meaning behind doorway?

What's the meaning behind doorway?

Hello everyone. I'm Nick.. I've come to this forum to find some answers.. hope you can help.

While in france I was lucky enough to work on an old 16th / 17th century coach house and one of the side buildings had a doorway with what looks like pig trotters hanging above the doorway and a odd shaped "A' made of wood above the trotters.

Is this something to do with witchcraft?

I would upload the image I have but this forum doesn't seem to let me attach a picture..

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: What's the meaning behind doorway?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbiNick View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Nick. I've come to this forum to find some answers.. hope you can help.

While in France I was lucky enough to work on an old 16th / 17th-century coach house and one of the side buildings had a doorway with what looks like pig trotters hanging above the doorway and an odd-shaped "A' made of wood above the trotters.

Is this something to do with witchcraft?

I would upload the image I have but this forum doesn't seem to let me attach a picture.
    Hello Nick. Welcome to Pagan Forum. There's a certain number of post to reach the criteria to upload an image. It's the forum rules. And to answer your question I'm not sure.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Re: What's the meaning behind doorway?

It's possible. There's all sorts of weird folk beliefs people have, witchcraft and otherwise. Hanging different things above doorways is a tradition that's been around basically as long as doors have. Horseshoes are a commonly known one but different herbs or holy symbols too. My aunt keeps crosses over all her doors, for example. It's difficult to say what's going on here but usually these practices go back to some legend about keeping away an evil spirit of some sort.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?