This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are You Voting For This Year?

I'm voting for Joe Biden because he's the only Democrat who's experienced and competent to run as President.

Re: Who Are You Voting For This Year?

I'm voting for, and encouraging others to vote for, the actual nominee. No 3rd parties, no pie-in-the-sky-because-my-conscience, just the nominee selected by the party. I have my early preferences but if they don't make it to the ballot, it is what it is.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I don't plan on voting at all.

Emma Goldman summed things up perfectly in our system. -If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

Comment

Whosoever runs against tRump as a Democrat.

Or that skunk out back. One or the other.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm watching the impeachment, I was up till the wee hours of the morning last night watching it.,..and all I'm left with is the gnawing realization that I spilled blood all over the world...for this.

I would never have done so...for this.

Now I have to be able to explain to my children why people just like their daddy did so, and why they did nothing while this happened......why I'm going to do nothing while it happens. Loved by the gods, cursed to live while others died....so that I can watch this?
          Last edited by Rhythm; 22 Jan 2020, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Whosoever runs against tRump as a Democrat.

Or that skunk out back. One or the other.
            And I just pictured Tulsi G. when I read that....you know how she has that skunk stripe in her hair....LOL
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              I'm voting for Joe Biden because he's the only Democrat who's experienced and competent to run as President.
              Might I ask why you think he's the only one with experience and competence? Warren and Bernie both fit that category. And while I have a few major hold ups on Buttigeig, and he's less experienced, sometimes fresh eyes make all the difference. Honestly, Bidens stance in many issues (cutting social services, a history of racist policy efforts, his stance on abortion) from what I've found, make him my least favorable candidate.

Either way. I'll vote for the democratic nominee.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                Might I ask why you think he's the only one with experience and competence? Warren and Bernie both fit that category. And while I have a few major hold ups on Buttigeig, and he's less experienced, sometimes fresh eyes make all the difference. Honestly, Bidens stance in many issues (cutting social services, a history of racist policy efforts, his stance on abortion) from what I've found, make him my least favorable candidate.

Either way. I'll vote for the democratic nominee.
                Because Biden have been experience in office as Vice President and he's very efficient to do the job. I don't trust other nominees especially Warren and Bernie after finding out that both of them have a shady history.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  Because Biden have been experience in office as Vice President and he's very efficient to do the job. I don't trust other nominees especially Warren and Bernie after finding out that both of them have a shady history.
                  What about Bidens shady history? He's supported ending social security. He's voted for drug laws that target African Americans. He's stated that Roe vs Wade went too far and women shouldn't have rights to their own bodies. Every candidate has some sort of shady history when they get to be that age. This arguement is the Anne one that divided voters last time and caused trump to win.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    What about Bidens shady history? He's supported ending social security. He's voted for drug laws that target African Americans. He's stated that Roe vs Wade went too far and women shouldn't have rights to their own bodies. Every candidate has some sort of shady history when they get to be that age. This arguement is the Anne one that divided voters last time and caused trump to win.
                    Oh wow. I didn't hear about that.
                    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 24 Jan 2020, 06:32.

Comment

That's using the term shady history in an awfully novel way, isn't it? A way that amplifies opposition messaging with the same semantics, but a more serious connotation.

All three are professional politicians. They've all voted for something or against something that a person is likely to disagree with. It's their job. Do we hear much about a garbageman with the shady history of taking out the trash?

From the outside looking in, as a non participator - wouldn't it be better to amplify liberal messaging together - rather than using opposition talking points in a circular firing squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                        That's using the term shady history in an awfully novel way, isn't it? A way that amplifies opposition messaging with the same semantics, but a more serious connotation.

All three are professional politicians. They've all voted for something or against something that a person is likely to disagree with. It's their job. Do we hear much about a garbageman with the shady history of taking out the trash?

From the outside looking in, as a non-participator - wouldn't it be better to amplify liberal messaging together - rather than using opposition talking points in a circular firing squad?
                        With all due respect, I want to vote the right nominee who fit and qualified to run as president rather than a nominee that has ulterior motive who might do more harm than good.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 24 Jan 2020, 08:09.

Comment

OFC. I must've communicated myself poorly. I was wondering if there were something other than having a history of voting on the wrong side of wedge issues (however the right or wrong side is defined, whatever the issue), something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                            OFC. I must've communicated myself poorly. I was wondering if there were something other than having a history of voting on the wrong side of wedge issues (however the right or wrong side is defined, whatever the issue), something more.
                            Your communication is fine. I'm just saying that there are two sides (positive and negative) on each nominee and judged to see if people feel if they qualified enough to vote.

Comment

I think the biggest qualification for a president should be empathy and character. But those are hard to measure. I know they're things Trump lacks significantly, and I don't feel I've seen much evidence of it in Biden. But I don't know them, and it would take much more time than I have right now to figure it out. My main point was that blindly supporting a single candidate because you feel they have more experience shouldn't be the only determining factor. And looking at how they voted on those major issues can help you get a feel for their character.

Comment

Working...
                              X