Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant - Guilty of Rape (or not)?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Kobe Bryant - Guilty of Rape (or not)?

Ok, I just don't understand why so many people are persecuting and crucifying Kobe Bryant for being a rapist. He was never charged for any rape whatsoever and idiots are still saying that crap. Look I don't really care what everybody else thinks what Kobe did but he's no rapist. Leave him at peace already.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Because men in power have a tendency to get away with abusing that power. And being dead doesn't change the fact that he could have done those things. Doing those things also doesn't change his sports status and doesn't have to change anyone's opinion of him as an athlete. It should change people's opinion if him as a person.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    Because men in power have a tendency to get away with abusing that power. And being dead doesn't change the fact that he could have done those things. Doing those things also doesn't change his sports status and doesn't have to change anyone's opinion of him as an athlete. It should change people's opinion if him as a person.
    And yet he was never convicted of that rape at all. I'm sick and tired of people always blame some celebrity for such asinine and bullcrap accusation and people play the victim for lies to get 15 minutes of fame. As I said I don't believe any of this so-called rape and I'm not going to jump the bandwagon and blame Kobe for such lies.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 27 Jan 2020 at 15:58.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Do you have any idea how rare false accusations are?
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Do you have any idea how rare false accusations are?
    No, tell me.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

It's not just Kobe Bryant that has been accused of rape. There has been R. Kelly, which has had a document series. You can see it under Surviving R. Kelly. There are so many woman who have accounted for his abuse. There are also other higher-ups. Not just Kobe Bryant and R. Kelly. Like movie producers and such. No one I think is trying to make Kobe Bryant look bad, but you can't doubt those who are making it either. Sticking to one side isn't fair. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but don't blame the accuser either. Let's not look back on the negative, let's pray that his family gets through the pain of losing their loved ones.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Fanfiction.net Profile

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    It's not just Kobe Bryant that has been accused of rape. There has been R. Kelly, which has had a document series. You can see it under Surviving R. Kelly. There are so many woman who have accounted for his abuse. There are also other higher-ups. Not just Kobe Bryant and R. Kelly. Like movie producers and such. No one I think is trying to make Kobe Bryant look bad, but you can't doubt those who are making it either. Sticking to one side isn't fair. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but don't blame the accuser either. Let's not look back on the negative, let's pray that his family gets through the pain of losing their loved ones.
    Oh I know that R. Kelly is guility for his crimes. I don't support R. Kelly in no way shape or form.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    No, tell me.
    Out of every 200 rapes, you may have 1 false allegation. Half a percent.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Out of every 200 rapes, you may have 1 false allegation. Half a percent.
    Bullcrap.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

That's going a little over the line. Women become victimized that they don't make any charges or say anything and when they finally do they are viewed as liars or making false allegations. This is ridiculous. Do not make the victims out to be enemies. We never can know what the situation is, but we cannot blame the victims.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Fanfiction.net Profile