The Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Corona Virus

The Corona Virus is sweeping the nation. So far what I know about this new virus you can get it by eating animal products that are not cooked properly. Here's more information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html What does everybody else think about this new virus?

Re: The Corona Virus

When looking at the site it said nothing about getting it through red meat. You get it by coughing and sneezing and not washing your hands. You have to be very vigilant in taking care of yourself that you don't get it. It is a lot like the flu.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

It's spread person to person, though believed to be a zoological disease (i believe that's the word, jumped from animals to people). The risk currently is fairly low if you live outside the affected communities, but that could change. It's close to reaching pandemic levels. It's worrying, but not panic level worrying yet.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        It's spread person to person, though believed to be a zoological disease (i believe that's the word, jumped from animals to people). The risk currently is fairly low if you live outside the affected communities, but that could change. It's close to reaching pandemic levels. It's worrying, but not panic level worrying yet.
        "Zoonotic" is the word. I haven't seen any confirmation that's the case, although they think it started from eating Pangolins. Eating something is different than petting a cat or dog, though. There was some question about a dog testing slightly positive for it, but I don't know how that ended up.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think the Corona Virus is something that everybody should worry about.

Comment

Working...
          X