X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting Tarot?

Has anyone ever gave up Tarot?
    (I mean stopped reading altogether)
    I feel the Tarot hasn't really helped me with my issues. I had read for others, and they felt it helped and/or received accurate information. When others read for me, or when I read for myself, I don't get the same. I even tried youtube, keeping Tarot journal, and different perspectives.

Mind, I have gotten some emotional and spiritual information (or clarification) but it was that I already knew something was going on.

Positive notes: I like themed decks, I like the history of Tarot, some decks really are pretty or awesome looking...

Thanks in advance.

Re: Quitting Tarot?

I gave up tarot basically years ago. I used to read the cards and then one day they went silent. At the time I used a Rider-Waite deck and it was basically the only deck you'd ever use (1970's - mid to late 80's). I've tried a few times over the years since then with a deck and it's been dead each time. Don't care for the re-vamped decks / re-imagined decks personally. Same with oracle decks to be honest.

That said if I am focusing on a person and trying to aid them it is not uncommon for me to get the image of a particular card in my head. Yet it is not read in the sense of tarot as a spread or such. It's more often based upon a deeper understanding of the particular card or what that card means to the person I am working with.

But that comes from an older idea of reading tarot meant to fall into the cards and see beyond the surface. The card was nothing more than basically a portal doorway into the energy and current of that card / arcana. We'd see the card on the table and see it in our heads in an almost 3d image. Like one of those images where you stare at it and then something rises up from the background of the image.

It was that aspect that basically left me and the cards felt dead once that was gone. Simply slabs of paper or heavy stock.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I've been using Tarot and Mind Tarot (reading tarot cards in my mind) for 12 years and it has helped me a lot. I'm not giving up on Tarot.

Comment

Originally posted by ingridstjerne257 View Post
        Has anyone ever gave up Tarot?
        (I mean stopped reading altogether)
        I feel the Tarot hasn't really helped me with my issues. I had read for others, and they felt it helped and/or received accurate information. When others read for me, or when I read for myself, I don't get the same. I even tried youtube, keeping Tarot journal, and different perspectives.

Mind, I have gotten some emotional and spiritual information (or clarification) but it was that I already knew something was going on.

Positive notes: I like themed decks, I like the history of Tarot, some decks really are pretty or awesome looking...

Thanks in advance.
        When I was young I felt a strong attraction to Marseilles Tarot in a library, I had no idea what it was....

I asked my dad to buy it for my 15 or something birthday, it cost a real fortune, I found a used book which fell into my hands from esoteric library and studied the Tarot, I felt a lot of power right away, extraordinary occult thoughts and a desire to channel it to real life.

So after a year of study I did a few readings for friends and family with the most respect and seriousness.

However I find that I didn't trust much the readings after that, relying too much on chance and the other world.

I find it useful to detect curses and spell which are cast, but you can also use a regular deck of cards. If you read the Tarot and I cast a spell on you, I will know right away if it worked when you draw your cards for a self reading.

I got cursed into falling in love with another Tarot reader... it lasted 7 years. and then I disposed of the deck in the garbage. To stop any temptation.

Since then I have been drawn to higher things, blasphemy, without knowing it I was creating something very powerful and straight. I used it the way it instructed me and it gave me the state of mind that I always wished, protection, peace of mind, confidence, and granted me all my deepest earthly wishes, with also a powerful backlash and going deeper still...

I used it for divination only twice in 15 years but I still refuse and counter some of the results. So I use it now to summon and protect myself. I use a lot of silver, colored clay and parchment, willow etc. I never read any books much than benign books which were given to me by providence. I was self though all this.

So yes, there are higher stuff than Astrology(sky demons) and Tarod(fortune). If you are called to something it is time to move on.

My grandmother's aunt predicted death in the relatives the exact day and also in telepathy with the Tarot, so after this we only read tea cups in the family but my grandmother did some unorthodox prayers which were granted .... so it never ends when it is in your blood.

Comment

monsno leedra,
          Interesting. Did you ever wonder why they stopped communicating with you?

Bartmanhomer,
          Glad to hear they are useful for you.

Gabriel9,
          Interesting, although I don't consider one form of divination higher or lower than the other.
          Last edited by Guest; 14 Mar 2020, 08:49.

Comment

Originally posted by ingridstjerne257 View Post
            monsno leedra,
            Interesting. Did you ever wonder why they stopped communicating with you?
            I've though about it and tried to figure it out as best I can. I know when it occurred I had an increase in 3rd eye type visions and scrying events. In fact I have more divination / oracle type stuff now via 3rd eye actions. I suppose where before I saw the cards sort of take a 3d effect it now simply occurs upon the 3rd eye and doesn't require the cards as a front door vehicle at all.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
            X