This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

Just as the title says, this is the official thread for the US Presidential Election in 2020.

Post your thoughts, opinions, links, or anything related to the election here.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

I really hope that this year election wouldn't be a repeated dumpster fire for 2016 election.

Comment

I'm not that well versed into U.S. politics and such, but I have a feeling that quite a few who supported Sanders will not support Biden, giving Trump an edge. At least that's what it seems like from around this side of the globe. Also, I'm interested to see how the C-19 pandemic affects the whole thing.

It's sure to be quite a show, as an European spectator.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

trump is treading water and keeps talking bs over and over pushing that drug
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
          I'm not that well versed into U.S. politics and such, but I have a feeling that quite a few who supported Sanders will not support Biden, giving Trump an edge. At least that's what it seems like from around this side of the globe. Also, I'm interested to see how the C-19 pandemic affects the whole thing.

It's sure to be quite a show, as an European spectator.
          Yes, unfortunately. I'm addition, there is (as I see it) a not entirely sold accusation against Biden that he sexually assaulted a woman. Even Fox News hasn't reported much on this, except to complain that it's not being plastered all over CNN - pretty good evidence that there isn't much to it, except slander.

Of course this is the dark side of #metoo - that a mere accusation can destroy a reputation. Look at what happened to Al Frankin, who was forced to resign based on extraordinarily shakey accusations of sexist behavior.

Republicans have weaponized #metoo.
          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 22 Apr 2020, 10:36.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Yes, unfortunately. I'm addition, there is (as I see it) a not entirely sold accusation against Biden that he sexually assaulted a woman. Even Fox News hasn't reported much on this, except to complain that it's not being plastered all over CNN - pretty good evidence that there isn't much to it, except slander.

Of course this is the dark side of #metoo - that a mere accusation can destroy a reputation. Look at what happened to Al Frankin, who was forced to resign based on extraordinarily shakey accusations of sexist behavior.

Republicans have weaponized #metoo.
            I'm not buying the accusation. If this were true then I would definitely stop supporting Biden. People would do everything just to get 15 minutes of fame just because of one if not many accusations.

Comment

I'm addition, there is (as I see it) a not entirely sold accusation against Biden that he sexually assaulted a woman.
              Huh, I haven't even heard of that. It's not at all reported in european media.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Now the prez is suggesting using disinfectants internally.

Makers of Lysol had to put out a PSA warning people not to injest their products.

Flaming $%#@& is off the rails.
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 24 Apr 2020, 03:07.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Does he not know that Lysol contains chemicals that are dangerous to your health? What's the matter with him? What an idiot.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Does he not know that Lysol contains chemicals that are dangerous to your health? What's the matter with him? What an idiot.
                    Idjit's now claiming he was being "sarcastic" and trolling reporters.

Weirdly, anybody who watches him say it on YouTube can see he's dead-on serious.

I have no words left to use to describe this level of ________ (I can't find an appropriate synonym for "extreme, unrelenting, inexcuseable, stoopidity" to fill that blank. Can anybody belp? Anybody? Anywhere?).
                    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 24 Apr 2020, 12:18.

Comment

Now the prez is suggesting using disinfectants internally.

Makers of Lysol had to put out a PSA warning people not to inject their products.

Flaming $%#@& is off the rails.
                      Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      His stupidity doesn't cease to amaze me.

Comment

I imagine a 1/64 gram of plutonium, taken in a tincture (a little honey makes it more palitable) would also be effective.

Comment

I imagine a 1/64 gram of plutonium, taken in a tincture (a little honey makes it more palitable) would also be effective.
                          Stirred into a nice cup of covfefe.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            Stirred into a nice cup of covfefe.
                            And a side order of fava beans...

Comment

And a side order of fava beans...

What's really messed up is that there are people with low enough critical thinking skills to actually ingest bleach, etc. They're probably saying "Oh look Mabel, those Tide-pod eatin' young'uns were onter sumthin' "

Meanwhile, Biden needs to get some airtime and start presenting his plans for the country. The election's sneaking up fast in all this confusion.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X