This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

My secret sources, who happen to be Michigan journalists, tell me that the Michigan militia is under intense scrutiny for the sedition and planned future terrorist attacks.*

*A note on sources during this rumor-laden time: I actually do have both friends and relatives who are journalists working for reputable local news organizations who have told me this. Even so, I recommend you take all unsourced information with several grains of salt.

You can decide how many grains of salt you need for my statement based on my history with you all over the years.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i almost regret living this long to see such a clusterfuck
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Random shiny (but related) moment, did anyone else read through this book when it came out in 2019? I took that read with a heaping grain(s) of salt but I think it's worth a re-read at this point.

trump.jpg
        Last edited by Willow; 09 Jan 2021, 09:56.

Comment

not sure anyone was paying attention at all

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Okay so I've been giving this some thought. If onna y'all don't mind, and you can make it to your embassy in time, there's basically no way that your country will side with Trump over you
            For legal reasons this is a joke.

(Eta this was a response to the tranq gun thing)
            Last edited by Chessa; 12 Jan 2021, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
              Okay so I've been giving this some thought. If onna y'all don't mind, and you can make it to your embassy in time, there's basically no way that your country will side with Trump over you
              For legal reasons this is a joke.

(Eta this was a response to the tranq gun thing)
              hah. there's a travel ban, and no way are any of us non americans (ok. I can't speak for everyone, I know) going INTO the chaos over there xD you're on your own here.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                hah. there's a travel ban, and no way are any of us non americans (ok. I can't speak for everyone, I know) going INTO the chaos over there xD you're on your own here.
                Yeah...

I wouldn't come to the U.S. for a while.

I live in a red neck stronghold, and I had an enormous Biden/Harris sign out front. I'm kinda scared. I've never felt the need to have a weapon for self defence, but currently I have made rifles and ammo accessible if I need it.

I sincerely hope this is over reaction and I'll feel stupid later, but...

(violence is unacceptable and repulsive, but, if it might be used against me, not being prepared would be silly. I do not advocate or want violence. I will not, however, pretend that a clear and present danger does not exist)
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  My secret sources, who happen to be Michigan journalists, tell me that the Michigan militia is under intense scrutiny for the sedition and planned future terrorist attacks.*

*A note on sources during this rumor-laden time: I actually do have both friends and relatives who are journalists working for reputable local news organizations who have told me this. Even so, I recommend you take all unsourced information with several grains of salt.

You can decide how many grains of salt you need for my statement based on my history with you all over the years.
                  Not shocking, law enforcement is on a war path right now and the FBI warnings about right wing domestic terrorism are being looked at again. Also, that whole plot from a couple months back to kidnap your governor has likely made this very personal on a state level. Militia in Michigan should at this point take a long moment and re-evaluate their life choices. LARPing in the wilderness is not an adequate preparation for handling a justifiably furious federal government.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Turtle Boy ok'd impeachment vote.

I'd like to imagine he grew a spine, suddenly, but it may be more related to a halt on donations to Republicans.

Comment

Turtle Boy ok'd impeachment vote.

I'd like to imagine he grew a spine, suddenly, but it may be more related to a halt on donations to Republicans.
                      I'm hoping that Mitch goes for full on vendetta at the moment. He doesn't like Trump and he was in the Capitol when it was stormed. If he's decided that punishing Trump is a worthy pursuit for what may be his last term (he'll be 84 when this term ends, barring plans to live forever or retire feet first, he may choose not to run again) then I will be deeply amused.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

My suspiciousing suggests that Pence was angry enough to NOT arrange a #25, forcing impeachment.

My pardon pool day for self pardon is Sunday.

Normally, I'd figure that was a good bet, but now that The Accursed One is off Twitter he might have to wait till Monday.

He may be stupid enough to imagine that if he pardons himself he can't be impeached and convicted.

Comment

My suspiciousing suggests that Pence was angry enough to NOT arrange a #25, forcing impeachment.

My pardon pool day for self pardon is Sunday.

Normally, I'd figure that was a good bet, but now that The Accursed One is off Twitter he might have to wait till Monday.

He may be stupid enough to imagine that if he pardons himself he can't be impeached and convicted.
                          If he manages to get away with a self pardon then he should spend less time worrying about impeachment and more thanking Heaven for far more mercy than he deserves. Well that or he should put together a strategy to fend off New York when it comes for him because he can't pardon state crimes. That said, while Pence pardoning him would likely work, a literal self pardon may just get itself laughed out of the courts. The judicial system is rather fond of the premise that one cannot be a judge in their own trial and a president trying to put himself above federal law is liable to piss off every judge that sees it.

Comment

as things stand he will be lucky if he is allowed to resign,but that train is leaving very quickly

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Inauguration is one week from today! I hope they have all the proper security in place.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

yes national guard with live ammo

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X