The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

My secret sources, who happen to be Michigan journalists, tell me that the Michigan militia is under intense scrutiny for the sedition and planned future terrorist attacks.*

*A note on sources during this rumor-laden time: I actually do have both friends and relatives who are journalists working for reputable local news organizations who have told me this. Even so, I recommend you take all unsourced information with several grains of salt.

You can decide how many grains of salt you need for my statement based on my history with you all over the years.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

i almost regret living this long to see such a clusterfuck
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

Random shiny (but related) moment, did anyone else read through this book when it came out in 2019? I took that read with a heaping grain(s) of salt but I think it's worth a re-read at this point.

trump.jpg
    Last edited by Willow; 09 Jan 2021 at 09:56.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

not sure anyone was paying attention at all
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Heathen +
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

Okay so I've been giving this some thought. If onna y'all don't mind, and you can make it to your embassy in time, there's basically no way that your country will side with Trump over you
    For legal reasons this is a joke.

(Eta this was a response to the tranq gun thing)
    Last edited by Chessa; 12 Jan 2021 at 10:10.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Quote Originally Posted by Chessa View Post
    Okay so I've been giving this some thought. If onna y'all don't mind, and you can make it to your embassy in time, there's basically no way that your country will side with Trump over you
    For legal reasons this is a joke.

(Eta this was a response to the tranq gun thing)
    hah. there's a travel ban, and no way are any of us non americans (ok. I can't speak for everyone, I know) going INTO the chaos over there xD you're on your own here.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Feb 2007
    Religion
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    hah. there's a travel ban, and no way are any of us non americans (ok. I can't speak for everyone, I know) going INTO the chaos over there xD you're on your own here.
    Yeah...

I wouldn't come to the U.S. for a while.

I live in a red neck stronghold, and I had an enormous Biden/Harris sign out front. I'm kinda scared. I've never felt the need to have a weapon for self defence, but currently I have made rifles and ammo accessible if I need it.

I sincerely hope this is over reaction and I'll feel stupid later, but...

(violence is unacceptable and repulsive, but, if it might be used against me, not being prepared would be silly. I do not advocate or want violence. I will not, however, pretend that a clear and present danger does not exist)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    My secret sources, who happen to be Michigan journalists, tell me that the Michigan militia is under intense scrutiny for the sedition and planned future terrorist attacks.*

*A note on sources during this rumor-laden time: I actually do have both friends and relatives who are journalists working for reputable local news organizations who have told me this. Even so, I recommend you take all unsourced information with several grains of salt.

You can decide how many grains of salt you need for my statement based on my history with you all over the years.
    Not shocking, law enforcement is on a war path right now and the FBI warnings about right wing domestic terrorism are being looked at again. Also, that whole plot from a couple months back to kidnap your governor has likely made this very personal on a state level. Militia in Michigan should at this point take a long moment and re-evaluate their life choices. LARPing in the wilderness is not an adequate preparation for handling a justifiably furious federal government.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Feb 2007
    Religion
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Turtle Boy ok'd impeachment vote.

I'd like to imagine he grew a spine, suddenly, but it may be more related to a halt on donations to Republicans.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Turtle Boy ok'd impeachment vote.

I'd like to imagine he grew a spine, suddenly, but it may be more related to a halt on donations to Republicans.
    I'm hoping that Mitch goes for full on vendetta at the moment. He doesn't like Trump and he was in the Capitol when it was stormed. If he's decided that punishing Trump is a worthy pursuit for what may be his last term (he'll be 84 when this term ends, barring plans to live forever or retire feet first, he may choose not to run again) then I will be deeply amused.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis