X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Hawkfeathers thinks it was either Stephen King, or Kennedy.
    Or the Klingons.....

Seriously, other than the Bush/Gore hanging chads 20 years ago, has there been another presidential election in the last 50 years or so that was NOT called by sunrise? I don't remember any off the top of my head. This is insanely unacceptable.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      watching the running totals ,needing a quick shot of jose quervo to slow my crazy train brain.
      K'Roe & I plowed through an entire bottle of Quervo, and about six thin white dukes.

Hella morning today...
      Last edited by B. de Corbin; 04 Nov 2020, 07:53.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well so far Joe Biden is winning so far. But that will turn around a lot. I just don't care anymore at this point.

Comment

break out the southern comfort just to sweeten the deal
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

OMG! The suspense is killing me!

Comment

The "face" of the Republicans is authority, while the "face" of the Democrats is compassion.

It's interesting to view this whole enchilada as a completion between authoritarianism vs. compassion.

Metaphor for the whole of human history...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

spot on B.De.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What's taking Nevada so long?! I swear Nevada voting counts is slower than an MS-DOS computer.

Comment

It's like watching a really close football game that goes on for an entire week, only with more skin in the game.

Or looking forward to a Christmas that might end up being really bad.

Comment

• Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

Some of my horse racing partners and I were saying it's like a photo finish with an objection, and no dead heat allowed! Trump is going to speak at 6:30 eastern time. I'm guessing it'll be the usual "fake news" "fake ballots" stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm watching his... do we call this a speech? they're words. I know the words. But the setences don't sound like real sentences... It's like he's hoping if he just talks enough people will just give up.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          I'm watching his... do we call this a speech? they're words. I know the words. But the setences don't sound like real sentences... It's like he's hoping if he just talks enough people will just give up.
                          It's Trump. He's been rejecting reality for his entire presidency. It wouldn't bother me so much except that over 60 million of my fellow citizens still voted for the treasonous ****.
                          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I read somewhere that 60,000 voted for Kanye West.

That sad little monologue last night was Trumpism in full force. Apparently he's been tweeting all night and the Twitter people have been editing out his tweets. Hang in there, folks, it's almost morning in America.

ETA: It occured to me that some folks might not get the "Morning" reference. At President Clinton's inauguration in January, 1993, the late Maya Angelou recited her poem "On The Pulse Of Morning", which I just recently re-read and found applicable once again.
                            Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 06 Nov 2020, 04:10. Reason: adding reference clarification
                            sigpic

Comment

This whole election results are so boring. I give up since Tuesday.

Comment

it will still take some time just because all the states want to cross their T's and dot their I's - but it is over - Biden has enough votes to win the Elect College and all the bullshit trump threats of lawsuits are already being disregarded as pathetic even by the GOP

this 4 year nightmare is over!

Comment

Working...
                                X