• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All the things COVID-19

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    he is now in isolation cnn news nothing on if he was infected yet

- - - Updated - - -

with the news showing testimony about this all being one fubar issue i think trump is hiding i think
    He is now out of quarantine but Trump and Pence are staying away from each other for a while.

My restaurant opened this week from 12-6 Monday thru Sunday starting yesterday. We only have our frozen items available (casseroles, soups, dips) but depending how things go we could be adding to go lunches next week. We weren't planning on opening back up till the beginning of June but my cake decorator informed us that she was denied unemployment. Se we are doing a bit more to get her a pay check.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I hope Pence's secretary gets to healing soon. Prayers. I also hope the administration takes the effective means that they need to show the nation that they are serious about the Coronavirus as well. They need to make sure they are wearing masks, doing social distancing, etc... Hopefully, this will be over soon. I keep praying.
      At the risk of being excruciating honest, let me say this:

It requires an effort of will to stop myself from thinking "I hope they all croak in a long, protracted, painful manner, the natural result of their inhuman actioms."

I will make that effort because hate burns, and I have scares enough for us all.

But I refuse to submit to the kind of morality that says "Hate is wrong," because hatred directed in the appropriate direction, at the appropriate tme, in the appropriate way, produces meaningful changes in our lives.

The problem isn't hate. "Hate" is an evolved internal reaction; involuntary - and, therefore not wrong per se.

The place where concepts like "good" and "bad," or " right" and "wrong" come in is not in the feeling. It is in the choice of actions make following the feeling.

Feelings are not voluntary, therefore those who "feel" what someone else calls "bad" are not guilty of anything other than being biologically human.

However, actions are voluntary, are, therefore the actor can be held responsible.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

just saw about the flooding in michigan hoping you are safe and dry b.d and i am waiting for trump to crumble on live tv myself and seeing karma in action mostly from his ignoring the docs about taking that bogas med he is toutong
        Last edited by anunitu; 20 May 2020, 04:17.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Flooding is in Midland (middle of state), but I'm in the north, so I be coo.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

good to know kiddo
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Flooding is in Midland (middle of state), but I'm in the north, so I be coo.
              I'm glad you're not where that's happening. My heart also goes ut to the people of India and that region expecting (or by now experiencing) some terrible storms.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

At the risk of being excruciating honest, let me say this:

It requires an effort of will to stop myself from thinking "I hope they all croak in a long, protracted, painful manner, the natural result of their inhuman actioms."

I will make that effort because hate burns, and I have scares enough for us all.

But I refuse to submit to the kind of morality that says "Hate is wrong," because hatred directed in the appropriate direction, at the appropriate tme, in the appropriate way, produces meaningful changes in our lives.

The problem isn't hate. "Hate" is an evolved internal reaction; involuntary - and, therefore not wrong per se.

The place where concepts like "good" and "bad," or " right" and "wrong" come in is not in the feeling. It is in the choice of actions make following the feeling.

Feelings are not voluntary, therefore those who "feel" what someone else calls "bad" are not guilty of anything other than being biologically human.

However, actions are voluntary, are, therefore the actor can be held responsible.
                I have to agree with you here.

Whelp we are doing curbside pickup form a selected few items off our lunch menu as well as our frozen items. Let me just say the amount of rudeness we get when we inform people that no they may not dine in makes me want to cuss them out. I understand that you have no fear for your safety or anyone else's but we are not putting anyone at an unnecessary risk so you can go out to eat. We had to start locking the door during lunch today because people wanted to come inside and order/pickup food without a mask on when we clearly have a sign out front that states to please stay in your vehicle if you don't have a mask.

Luckily none of us have been spit on, or cussed out yet because we aren't open or require a mask to enter the building but I have a feeling its coming.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

My county has gone from 5 cases to 11 this week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not my county, but the next one over. https://katu.com/news/coronavirus/co...nt-reaches-132
                    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My county is up to 498 cases and 10 deaths.

Comment

CNN published an article Friday stating that Covid-19 is mutating, and they believe (more research needs to be done) that it will become more easily spread, and this is why we are seeing a spike in cares

Also the next link I am attaching is a women who wrote and posted an "opinion" post on Facebook of what she thinks the next few months are going to bring us. I find that I agree pretty much 100% with her and think its an excellent read. I've done as much as possible to get us close to relaying mostly on KP's income only. If I have to continue on unemployment, without the extra help from the government, for the next year and his income we will make it as long as I budget every penny. I've made connections with my neighbors and will happily share any extra produce or eggs that I have and believe they will do the same.

I accept that we are all on our own. I have honestly felt that way since the beginning and had hoped beyond hope that I would be wrong. I will do everything I can to help my neighbors and friends and believe if we play our cards right can get through this. It's going to be a very rough ride but I will do my part. Let me know your thoughts and opinions please! This is a very long read but for a Facebook post but I think it's worth it.

I've been mulling this post over for a few days, because it involves some longer term thinking and making predictions. I'm not a huge fan of straight out prediction - I think the world is overall...

Comment

Good reading.

Alas!, most likely the author is correct.

Our goobermint has demonstrated that it is utterly incompetent, and we are all on our own. Asking the goobermint for help us a lot like praying - if it makes you feel better, go ahead, but don't expect results. Do, however, expect God or goobermint to claim responsibility for any disaster YOU manage to avoid.

We're on our own, but that doesn't mean we are alone. We're on our own together, and deux ex machine is not a survival strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Good reading.

Alas!, most likely the author is correct.

Our goobermint has demonstrated that it is utterly incompetent, and we are all on our own. Asking the goobermint for help us a lot like praying - if it makes you feel better, go ahead, but don't expect results. Do, however, expect God or goobermint to claim responsibility for any disaster YOU manage to avoid.

We're on our own, but that doesn't mean we are alone. We're on our own together, and deux ex machine is not a survival strategy.

Comment

We're at 28 today. All these people who hated the gov't. for closing things down love it for opening up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              We're at 28 today. All these people who hated the gov't. for closing things down love it for opening up.
                              People oughtta be careful what they wish for.

Comment

People oughtta be careful what they wish for.
                                30 today. I saw a sign on a small neighborhood park announcing the Vacation Bible School kickoff party coming up. Alrighty then...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X