Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: All the things COVID-19

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Re: All the things COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    Wait are you saying you paraded through a nursing home without a mask? Like as if to brag? Just curious.
    Pretty sure that Kalyn is talking about a member of the Trump administration not herself.

Both due to repeated reference to him and him apparently being infected.

Also, if we're going to comment on a virus in gov then could someone post an article with the name of the person affected?
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 09 May 2020 at 23:01.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

I will absolutely post a source if I post about a government official!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    I will absolutely post a source if I post about a government official!
    Thanks. Though in this case, the individual who should provide the source is really BMH. I'm aware of a member of Pence's staff being infected with Corona. I'd like the source BMH is using for Pence himself being infected because I haven't seen that come up yet.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Thanks. Though in this case, the individual who should provide the source is really BMH. I'm aware of a member of Pence's staff being infected with Corona. I'd like the source BMH is using for Pence himself being infected because I haven't seen that come up yet.
    Here's the source:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...virus-n1202946

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

he is now in isolation cnn news nothing on if he was infected yet

- - - Updated - - -

with the news showing testimony about this all being one fubar issue i think trump is hiding i think
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    he is now in isolation cnn news nothing on if he was infected yet

- - - Updated - - -

with the news showing testimony about this all being one fubar issue i think trump is hiding i think
    He is now out of quarantine but Trump and Pence are staying away from each other for a while.

My restaurant opened this week from 12-6 Monday thru Sunday starting yesterday. We only have our frozen items available (casseroles, soups, dips) but depending how things go we could be adding to go lunches next week. We weren't planning on opening back up till the beginning of June but my cake decorator informed us that she was denied unemployment. Se we are doing a bit more to get her a pay check.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I hope Pence's secretary gets to healing soon. Prayers. I also hope the administration takes the effective means that they need to show the nation that they are serious about the Coronavirus as well. They need to make sure they are wearing masks, doing social distancing, etc... Hopefully, this will be over soon. I keep praying.
    At the risk of being excruciating honest, let me say this:

It requires an effort of will to stop myself from thinking "I hope they all croak in a long, protracted, painful manner, the natural result of their inhuman actioms."

I will make that effort because hate burns, and I have scares enough for us all.

But I refuse to submit to the kind of morality that says "Hate is wrong," because hatred directed in the appropriate direction, at the appropriate tme, in the appropriate way, produces meaningful changes in our lives.

The problem isn't hate. "Hate" is an evolved internal reaction; involuntary - and, therefore not wrong per se.

The place where concepts like "good" and "bad," or " right" and "wrong" come in is not in the feeling. It is in the choice of actions make following the feeling.

Feelings are not voluntary, therefore those who "feel" what someone else calls "bad" are not guilty of anything other than being biologically human.

However, actions are voluntary, are, therefore the actor can be held responsible.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

just saw about the flooding in michigan hoping you are safe and dry b.d and i am waiting for trump to crumble on live tv myself and seeing karma in action mostly from his ignoring the docs about taking that bogas med he is toutong
    Last edited by anunitu; 20 May 2020 at 04:17.

witchvox

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Flooding is in Midland (middle of state), but I'm in the north, so I be coo.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

good to know kiddo

witchvox