Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: All the things COVID-19

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Re: All the things COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Flooding is in Midland (middle of state), but I'm in the north, so I be coo.
    I'm glad you're not where that's happening. My heart also goes ut to the people of India and that region expecting (or by now experiencing) some terrible storms.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Re: All the things COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    At the risk of being excruciating honest, let me say this:

It requires an effort of will to stop myself from thinking "I hope they all croak in a long, protracted, painful manner, the natural result of their inhuman actioms."

I will make that effort because hate burns, and I have scares enough for us all.

But I refuse to submit to the kind of morality that says "Hate is wrong," because hatred directed in the appropriate direction, at the appropriate tme, in the appropriate way, produces meaningful changes in our lives.

The problem isn't hate. "Hate" is an evolved internal reaction; involuntary - and, therefore not wrong per se.

The place where concepts like "good" and "bad," or " right" and "wrong" come in is not in the feeling. It is in the choice of actions make following the feeling.

Feelings are not voluntary, therefore those who "feel" what someone else calls "bad" are not guilty of anything other than being biologically human.

However, actions are voluntary, are, therefore the actor can be held responsible.
    I have to agree with you here.

Whelp we are doing curbside pickup form a selected few items off our lunch menu as well as our frozen items. Let me just say the amount of rudeness we get when we inform people that no they may not dine in makes me want to cuss them out. I understand that you have no fear for your safety or anyone else's but we are not putting anyone at an unnecessary risk so you can go out to eat. We had to start locking the door during lunch today because people wanted to come inside and order/pickup food without a mask on when we clearly have a sign out front that states to please stay in your vehicle if you don't have a mask.

Luckily none of us have been spit on, or cussed out yet because we aren't open or require a mask to enter the building but I have a feeling its coming.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect