This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the things COVID-19

From scientific revelations, breaking news, how your government handles it... Post it here.

And that is ALL governments. Not just the US.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: All the things COVID-19

There some misinformation about Donald Chump telling everybody to inject themselves with disinfectant. He was telling the doctors to find new ways to fight the virus with disinfectant and UV light.

Here the real video of his speech about disinfectant: https://www.youtu.be/0wcQYA-ol_A

Comment

In France, it's apparently okay for schools to reopen on may 11th, but everything else is still under lockdown until late june???

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
        In France, it's apparently okay for schools to reopen on may 11th, but everything else is still under lockdown until late june???
        Uhmmm... yeah.

In 'Merica, "phase 2" reopening includes schools, but still limits meetings elsewhere to ( I think it was) 50, and "social distancing."

social distancing in a school? I don' tink dem dudes ever been in a school. The kids share earbuds, lip gloss, and rub faces in the hallway.I

Schools are the A+ no. 1 vector for spreading all kinds 'o cooties.
        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 27 Apr 2020, 03:14.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Uhmmm... yeah.

In 'Merica, "phase 2" reopening includes schools, but still limits meetings elsewhere to ( I think it was) 50, and "social distancing."

social distancing in a school? I don' tink dem dudes ever been in a school. The kids share earbuds, lip gloss, and rub faces in the hallway.I

Schools are the A+ no. 1 vector for spreading all kinds 'o cooties.
          So the plan is to make all the parents as sick as humanly possible for fun and profit?

Sorry (well, no I'm probably not...) but provided that this is accurate (I'm too lazy to source hunt and this falls in with what I'd expect from the last time I looked), the students will get sick and hate it but will almost all come out fine. The lethality will jump by over a hundred fold when they carry that disease home to their parents. The terrible, terrible jokes write themselves at this point.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            So the plan is to make all the parents as sick as humanly possible for fun and profit?

Sorry (well, no I'm probably not...) but provided that this is accurate (I'm too lazy to source hunt and this falls in with what I'd expect from the last time I looked), the students will get sick and hate it but will almost all come out fine. The lethality will jump by over a hundred fold when they carry that disease home to their parents. The terrible, terrible jokes write themselves at this point.
            Phase Two, the guidelines state, applies to states and regions "with no evidence of a rebound" that "satisfy the gating criteria a second time."

Under this phase, schools and activities like day care centers and camps could reopen and nonessential travel could resume. Visits to senior care facilities and hospitals, however, would remain prohibited.

The large venues that were allowed to reopen in Phase One, like restaurants, movie theaters and sporting venues, could remain open and would be allowed to ease their physical distancing protocols to a "moderate" level.

Bars could begin operating with "diminished standing-room occupancy," while gyms could remain open with "strict" distancing sanitation protocols, according to the plan.
            'Cuz, you know, school's main value is as goobermint run daycare, and educational professionals are expendable.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Phase Two, the guidelines state, applies to states and regions "with no evidence of a rebound" that "satisfy the gating criteria a second time."

Under this phase, schools and activities like day care centers and camps could reopen and nonessential travel could resume. Visits to senior care facilities and hospitals, however, would remain prohibited.

The large venues that were allowed to reopen in Phase One, like restaurants, movie theaters and sporting venues, could remain open and would be allowed to ease their physical distancing protocols to a "moderate" level.

Bars could begin operating with "diminished standing-room occupancy," while gyms could remain open with "strict" distancing sanitation protocols, according to the plan.
            'Cuz, you know, school's main value is as goobermint run daycare, and educational professionals are expendable.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

there is this story about reopening
              The state reported 478 new confirmed cases on Sunday, an increase of 5.2%. Restaurants can begin serving dine-in customers on Monday, with retail stores opening later this week.

quote from link
              Tennessee Restaurants Reopen As State Sees Biggest 1-Day Jump In COVID-19 Cases
              Last edited by anunitu; 27 Apr 2020, 19:15.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This is terrifying. Most of the kids will be okay, but schools are incubators for disease, and many of the kids will have relatives who are high risk.

Comment

yeh i am still standing and just being very careful did get a window for delivery from my shopping app,and got my stimulus too
                  Last edited by anunitu; 29 Apr 2020, 07:33.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Armed protests in Michigan capital building, protesting stay-at-home order.

His royal assholyness is tweeting support for the protesters (standard "these are good people" statement).

Legislators are wearing armor to work.

Meanwhile, Nero fans the flames.

How close are we getting to violence?

Comment

thinking tick tock tick tock...unless we seal trump's mouth

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Mississippi went on stay-at-home for three weeks and as of Monday we started opening the state back up. While restaurants are still delivery or curb side pick up, all retail stores are allowed to open back up but are only allowed to allow 25% of max occupancy(the grocery stores, walmart, and target were not required to follow the 25% occupancy before we started reopening). On Friday our Republican Governor Tate Reeves started to realize he had royally screwed up and tried to back track and not open the state when we had the largest number of reported cases and the Lt Governor and the Republican State Legislature have decided to withhold funds form the Cares Act that the state was given.

I have also heard, seen numerous people say that this is a hoax, that we are a faithful state and that God will protect us from the virus. That we have nothing to fear and we are all safe. What a wonderful time to be alive!....
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          I have also heard, seen numerous people say that this is a hoax, that we are a faithful state and that God will protect us from the virus. That we have nothing to fear and we are all safe. What a wonderful time to be alive!....
                          Prosperity theology remains heresy. Not only is it heresy but it's the unique and special kind of heresy that politely asks for Job like trials. Why is this heresy still popular? The LoH generally doesn't promise safety to his followers outside specific criteria. He only really promises that the pain, anguish and occasional death he gives them will be outweighed by the rewards in store. F***ing hells, I'm not actually Christian and this type of stupid is making me feel bad for the LoH.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

If Gob takes care of people, it's through science and the ability to make wise decisions. In other words, the ability to avoid stupidity.

Ergo, to honor Gob, stop being a bigger idiot than one needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              If Gob takes care of people, it's through science and the ability to make wise decisions. In other words, the ability to avoid stupidity.

Ergo, to honor Gob, stop being a bigger idiot than one needs to be.
                              In this area, pretty much. So, the famous line is, "Again it is written, thou shalt not tempt/test the Lord your God." That line refefences an older, more specific directive. Apparently some stunningly intelligent people had decided, "Hey, we'll proved that the LoH is with us by putting ourselves in a position where the only happy endings come via blatant divine intervention." The LoH was annoyed and passed down a specific command not to pull that shit again. This situation isn't a perfect analogue but it's close enough that if you believe the LoH is out there and semi-accurately described by Scripture then use of common sense regarding danger should be taken as a standing order from on high.

Comment

Working...
                              X