Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: All the things COVID-19

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: All the things COVID-19

Where I live. I heard that schools and colleges in New York City are going to be reopened in September.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

The high school in my town is having their delayed prom on 7/24. There's a release form that parents have to sign, which includes:

The undersigned agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the School
    District, its agents, employees, officers, Board of Education members, insurers and others acting on the
    District’s behalf (the “Releasees”), of and from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and/or
    legal liabilities for injuries to or death of my child occurring during, or resulting from, or participation in
    the above-mentioned program or activity and related in any way to COVID-19, even if the cause,
    damages or injuries are alleged to be the fault of or alleged to be caused by the negligence or
    carelessness of the Releasees.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    The high school in my town is having their delayed prom on 7/24. There's a release form that parents have to sign, which includes:

The undersigned agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the School
    District, its agents, employees, officers, Board of Education members, insurers and others acting on the
    District’s behalf (the “Releasees”), of and from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and/or
    legal liabilities for injuries to or death of my child occurring during, or resulting from, or participation in
    the above-mentioned program or activity and related in any way to COVID-19, even if the cause,
    damages or injuries are alleged to be the fault of or alleged to be caused by the negligence or

Nope, nope, and nope. They shouldn't be holding that at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post

Nope, nope, and nope. They shouldn't be holding that at all!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Dec 2010
    Religion

We're up to 80 cases as of yesterday, 3 hospitalized. The 2 most recently diagnosed are somehow involved in the school system (they've been having summer school the last few weeks). Our governor is hell-bent on re-opening schools on schedule, etc. It's absolutely insane. The school district added a letter to their website which includes this: "Only those individuals who are deemed at risk of exposure by our local health department will be notified by the District. We will not send district-wide notifications for positive or presumptive positive cases unless a child or staff member needs to be notified of the potential exposure, according to health department guidelines. The only exception to this procedure would be in the case of a community or school-wide event where contact tracing could not happen."

I'm living in a loony bin.

- - - Updated - - -

We're up to 80 cases as of yesterday, 3 hospitalized. The 2 most recently diagnosed are somehow involved in the school system (they've been having summer school the last few weeks). Our governor is hell-bent on re-opening schools on schedule, etc. It's absolutely insane. The school district added a letter to their website which includes this: "Only those individuals who are deemed at risk of exposure by our local health department will be notified by the District. We will not send district-wide notifications for positive or presumptive positive cases unless a child or staff member needs to be notified of the potential exposure, according to health department guidelines. The only exception to this procedure would be in the case of a community or school-wide event where contact tracing could not happen."

I'm living in a loony bin.

Dec 2010
    Religion

I see some of my posts double (some other people's, too.) My last one on this thread, for example. I have no idea why!

Anyway, 10 more cases today, up to 90. 4 hospitalized. I get allergy issues this time of year - towards evening, I get a little sore throat and a bit sneezy, and of course it makes me a bit nervous.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

this whole thing is not easy to take with trump going postal using homeland in our cities
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I went to the Duane Reade store to buy my usual Pistachio and Muscle Milk and on the screen, in front of the cash register, there was a notice saying that the U.S. is running short on coins so people are going to use debit and credit cards for now on. Man, I wish the virus will go away?
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 29 Jul 2020 at 09:13.

I also work in retail, and they are getting a little antsy about the coins. So far though, the cashiers can make change, they are just allowed to round a little to the closest dollar or quarter. No more selling change for laundry or buses though. I imagine if it continues, we as a country will just have to go ahead and adapt how we deal with coin. Kinda like finally giving up pennies, and maybe retailers will adjust more prices to even amounts. Sales tax would ruin that, though, so I don't know.

Dec 2010
    Religion

122 cases now, and 2 deaths. Many people around here are still in complete denial.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

and now we have trumps voodoo doc with her alien sperm and that whole trip
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html