This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction

The forum looks Different , my post count is lighter, some folk will be glad that some of there posts have disappeared, I am not, but it is the way it is. Hope though most folk come back like Tullyan, CH, Thjoth & Nordri to name a few.

Hope your hamingja has benefited the workers and makers of this new forum, I am sure this slightly grumpy heathen will be changing his mind as soon as he has settled back in.

Modi
    Gunnarr Sandisson
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
    Five Boroughs Hearth

Re: Introduction

Considering I used to have nearly a 5,000 post count, I hear you. Welcome back! I used to also be a supporter. But that was all before the first great crash.
    I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
    I became Abdishtar this spring.
    Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Welcome back Modi. I think you'll come to like the new system after you get used to it, most of the "features" of the old forum were hacked in by the administrating staff, whereas they're built in on this one, and (once the hosting company gets their act together) should be faster, smoother, and more stable than the old one.

And of course I'm back, I wouldn't miss all the discussions in the Heathen subforum for the world
      "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
      -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
      without his weapons of war;
      for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
      of a spear on the way without.
      -

Comment

Yes, welcome back everyone. This will take some getting used to. I miss the "latest post since last on" part or am I just not finding that on here?

Comment

hey, welcome back to the forum
          Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

Thanks to all who have welcomed me to the updated forum.

This will probably be my last post on this forum, not through choice but because of what I have to say. I have no doubt there will be a backlash, so if you read this post one day and the next, well it and I are gone, then my words were true.

Like all new things I struggle to get a grip, as I stated before, I am a computor luddite, I discovered that if you click settings in the top corner of your screen, on the page that comes up is folk who give you + or - on your reputation. On my reputation I have recieved - 20 from Chain lightning, -10 for calling him elitist for moderators having the power to do that ( as in give folk -10), he also gave me -10 for my initial post (my intro) on this forum he stated "you never miss an opportunity to piss on the carpet".

I am disappointed that a moderator on any forum would use there percieved power in a personnel matter, to punish a forum member, to the amount of -20 points, these points were given within 5 mins of each other, for my elitist remark.

So my advice would be do not debate with the mods (Chain Lightning) as your reputation will be severly discredited, if I am still here I will probably be on -???, who knows.
            Last edited by Gunnarr; 07 Oct 2011, 07:57. Reason: Grammer
            Gunnarr Sandisson
            "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
            Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

I'd normally be more tactful, but its effing early, and I have had little sleep...I'd also normally do this in a PM, but since you want to make this front page drama, I thought I'd oblige.

Guess what, you are entitled to your opinion, and to express it. So is everyone else...including staff. You have the right to be offended, not the freedom to be free from offense.

Part of the rep system is that posting and rep give you more rep power. If you don't like your rep power, post more and build a better rep. Most of the staff here had around 10,000 posts before the forum crashed. Part of the reason we kept the 10 rep power (which is a default setting, btw) was to help people BUILD rep, so they had more rep power, which should be a reflection their standing in the community here. You just happened to build the wrong kind. Your post right here is a perfect example of what earned you negative karma.

And the only reason you are complaining about it is because it was negative.

Seriously, you've been here for all of 10 comparative minutes in the life span of this forum, which is about a decade old. Every internet community is different, and in this one, you have to earn your reputation (and this has nothing to do with points) and not just come in, throwing your imaginary virtual weight around like the proverbial bull in a china shop. Maybe the stuff in your head just doesn't translate well to the screen, maybe its my bohemian bourgeois American upbringing, maybe this forum just isn't the right *fit* for you...I don't know and quite frankly, I wouldn't care until you decided to make it into some sort of statement...but either way, when you bring it to MY house and MY family (which is what I consider this community and the forum it resides at), if you can't handle the responsibility of the ire that your opinion and your phraseology brings, keep it to yourself, or don't come to the potluck.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Where do you get off talking about one of the staff members like that?

The whole point of the new rep is so we receive exactly what we deserve! And you deserved all the negatives you got. If you can't take what you dish out then keep your fingers off the keyboard.

And just pointing out that all of us staff are always aware of what the others have done. We talk about it, we say what staff actions we take so that if the shit hits the fan we have each others back. Its called working as a TEAM. Which means the whole staff agrees with Chain, so back off.

He was right. You are wrong. Now I suggest you either learn some manners or get off the forum.
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Modi? What's with the public lynching?

I certainly didn't publicly lynch you, about your two comments regarding me and the rest of the staff, and the Rep Power (not to be confused with the Reputation POINTS). You gave me negative karma/rep for explaining to everyone how the new system works. You accused me of being self indulgent and elitist. You quite obviously have it in for the owners, admin and moderators of this site. If you don't like the reaction you get, when you poke a snake with a stick, why do you insist on poking it again?

Most everyone here knows that rattling my cage is dangerous. I bite. You tried using Heathenism as your excuse to attack the staff, here. And yet you ignore the very basic characteristic of fellow Heathens - we don't take vindictive, backstabbing kind of insults lying down. My PM to you was graphic, in nature, and filled with profanity. Since this is a written medium, that's the best defensive response, available.

What you've done now is whine about getting your ass caught in a sling. Well, what do you expect when you poke your fingers in a hornets' nest? You got stung.

As far as debating with me? MANY folks around here have experienced a great many fun debates with me. Only a couple ever got out of hand, and those were usually blown out of proportion because I was falsely accused of something. Ask people that INTERACT around here: I'm fair, diplomatic, kind, generous, extremely patient and helpful. If I make a mistake, I admit it. If I don't know something, I won't pretend that I do. I am not a good choice for someone to push around, however. Those Heathen blood cells, rampaging through my veins, scream out for other's blood, when my honor is impugned. If you had been around as long as you claim? You'd already know that.

I don't start fights; I end them. I don't get even; I get ahead. I don't care what you tell the other members about me, they (most of them) already know that you're full of it - and they already know me. And have known me for YEARS.

Finally, contrary to your expectations, I will not ban you or delete this thread. You tried hanging me out to dry but it's your ignorance that's showing, not mine.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

OK ... You asked for it ...

I have been with this forum since just about the beginning of time ... I have gotten - as well as + ... I have had mods call me to the carpet a few times ... But I strive to see the other persons side of things as well as having my own opinion ... And I try to take that into account when I post ... You on the other hand seem to be soooooo self centered and think that this is a place that you can say whatever you want to whom ever you want ... Guess what? ... As in the real world, that is not without repercussions ... If you get banned? ... Big whoopie ... I will not lose a moments sleep over it ..

And by the way, I have wielded the Mod Stick here before and do not now out of my own choice ... Probably because I can't give those hanging on the sides of the gene pool like yourself a proper push to the deep end ...

Now I feel better ... But also not because I have lowered myself to your level in this post ...
                    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

(you hear the sound of cracking bone joints)
                      Welcome back! Let's spar again!

Comment

Working...
                      X