Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incorporating Music in Paganism/Witchcraft?

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Re: Incorporating Music in Paganism/Witchcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    You are the only person in my entire online life, outside of my family, that has ever brought up this group. I LOVE THESE GIRLS! Any time I think of them, I immediately start hearing Salva Nos play in my brain noggin.

Also, Faun is amazeballs.
    It's been a while since I listened to them, but they are GREAT.

Edit: I go through musical genre phases. Currently in a punk/pagan metal/local northern indigenous artist phase lol. I mostly can't listen to my music out loud at work.
    Last edited by volcaniclastic; 18 Jun 2020 at 17:58.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Currently questioning

Wow!! I did NOT expect this thread to get so much positive and helpful feedback! Thank you so much for all of the band/artists recommendations, information about the connections between music and paganism (historical and current) and various musical practices, explanations of the meaning behind music offerings plus response to my idea of singing as an offering! I think the info will be very helpful for me in starting my pagan journey; also, I'll be sure to check out all those artists! I'm very sorry I haven't kept up and responded in real time - I've had little to no access to my computer and limited free time recently due to life circumstances.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by BluePrimula View Post
    Wow!! I did NOT expect this thread to get so much positive and helpful feedback! Thank you so much for all of the band/artists recommendations, information about the connections between music and paganism (historical and current) and various musical practices, explanations of the meaning behind music offerings plus response to my idea of singing as an offering! I think the info will be very helpful for me in starting my pagan journey; also, I'll be sure to check out all those artists! I'm very sorry I haven't kept up and responded in real time - I've had little to no access to my computer and limited free time recently due to life circumstances.
    Don't worry about it - some of us that have been here a decade plus disappear for months at a time, sometime. We all get busy!
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Don't worry about it - some of us that have been here a decade plus disappear for months at a time, sometime. We all get busy!
    Ooh that reminds me Im getting close to my first decade. The beauty of forums is they don't need to be real time interactions. Posts persist and can be addressed at one's leisure.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I do a "shitty day at work" singing in the shower self-cleansing to the tune of "I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair" from South Pacific, so...yeah...you can use music however you want.

My favorite 3 Pagan(ish) songs (in no particular order):

Also, there's an entire youtube channel called keep music pagan that has a mix of stuff
    Last edited by thalassa; 26 Jun 2020 at 11:40.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Ooooh, that's good. Top 3?

Fiona Apple, Criminal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOzayDpWoI

Hold on a Little Longer, Quicksilver.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37qu4NdQs2A

Heilung.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRg_8NNPTD8