Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encounters with people after working magick towards them

Apr 2018
    Religion
    Eclectic pagan sorcery

Encounters with people after working magick towards them

Hello forum,

I've recently noticed a pattern with my magickal workings where I've had out-of-the-blue encounters with people I've worked offensive magick rituals towards. Due to the pandemic quarantine, it's been social media happenings lately.

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not involved in anything really dark, but the rituals were related to a vinegar jar and petition burning in a mini cauldron. All have been lawful towards people who wronged me in some way.

The first instance was receiving a message from someone I hadn't heard from in a year, merely 14 hours after working a vinegar jar against them. (I do not call on any dark spirits, used my raw emotion.) They tried to drop me a line they thought I wanted to hear, but I know it was untrue and never responded to them.

Second instance was writing and burning a small petition for a person to stay out of my life, and noticing they blocked me or archived/moved our old conversation to their spam folder the very next day.

The third was also related to burning a petition for a former manager who had treated me badly, and about a week or so later this person showed up in my friend suggestions. No mutual friends and I haven't looked at their profile in probably six months.

Has anyone else noticed things like this happening after their magickal workings? Like the ripple effect of the energy sent out is causing the person to reflect on a situation perhaps. I feel very confident in these rituals working from what I've observed.

I understand these types of magick make some practitioners uncomfortable, and I would appreciate not to be ostracized for sharing this.
    Last edited by Serena542; 25 Jun 2020 at 05:52. Reason: Missed detail

Re: Encounters with people after working magick towards them

People might be reaching out, even to people that they haven't had the best relationships with in past...and particularly on social media, due to the social isolation of our current predicament.

It would be more generous to assume that others are capable of reflection and change, than that your magic has compelled their behavior, wouldn't it?

Apr 2018
    Religion
    Eclectic pagan sorcery

Two out of three have no reason to want to socialize with me, did you miss the part about one of them not speaking to me for a year and only messaging me to lie? Not to mention a cutthroat manager. I'm not going to assume the best about these people because they've shown me who they are.

There are no coincidences in magick.

I'm really not sure there's any moral high ground to be had given the context.

Ultimately, my question wasn't really about them. It's about what other conclusions you might reach, as a good person, about other people and why they do the things they do. I just don't know that I would go that way with something as mundane as people pinging me on social media and wondered what other possibilities you may have considered.

- - - Updated - - -

-For example, and to be specific...

You hadn't heard from someone in a year, and right around when you started thinking about them, enough to curse them, they appear to have been thinking about you.

In the next instance you were thinking about someone enough to cast a spell meant to keep them out of your life, and then found out that they were thinking pretty much the same thing about you - they deleted you.

In the third, while you were...again, thinking about someone enough to curse them for having treated you poorly, they appear to have been thinking about you as well.

I'm wondering how you go from those events described, to the notion that this magic that you're working, well, works? I'd have other questions too, questions about whether.,..assuming it did work, it was really the best expression of who you were as a person. If it were healthy, for you or for them. You don't have to answer any of them, obviously.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

In the second case, you want them out of your life, you work a ritual and they block you. Presuming that the ritual worked, it could simply have worked by convincing them that they don't want you in their life and taking steps to cut you out. I'm not actually sure this needs analysis. You don't want to deal with them and apparently the feeling is now mutual so you probably won't have to deal with them.

In the third case, was it a friend request from their account or a suggestion from the site. Site suggestions are automated, require no input from the party being suggested and can occasionally work on very aggressive algorithms. A website algorithm linking you to another person is not evidence of any behavior on their part at this time. If it's a friend request from their account then that's another matter because it involves knowledge and a choice on their part.

I really don't have a solid opinion on the first case. Maybe your working had a ripple effect, maybe something else did. I don't see strong evidence to support or deny a theory of any sort here.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

That's pretty much where I'm at too.

I know that you asked whether any of us have had similar experiences, OP, if any of us have ever noticed what we do working - and to that I'd say, certainly, yes. I probably don't see these things the same way that you do, which probably doesn't help me to understand what you're saying.

I engage in a wide range of ritual behaviors meant to influence the people around me, and they do.

Feb 2013
    Religion
    Old Customs
    Phrase
    Damn somebody's eyes

Meh, when I do "sending away" workings, the recipients generally go away. A few of the more persistent take a double dose, then they go away. But that's just me.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Meh, when I do "sending away" workings, the recipients generally go away. A few of the more persistent take a double dose, then they go away. But that's just me.
    Mine just turn out weird. They work but the universe decides to express a sense of humor when enacting them. The most clear cut examples being an occult bookstore that was run by a moderately predatory creep suddenly being replaced by a Christian bookstore the next summer and the guy who was physically abusive of a handicapped friend of mine suddenly deciding in a fit of temper, "pounding on a guy in a wheelchair works out fine so it's perfectly safe getting physical with a pissed off, on-duty cop. There's no possible way this will backfire..."
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Your spell included your intentions and your energy. It has drawn attention to you. For one reason or another the spell itself may failed, but that connection was still formed and you came into their mind. Just because they aren't practitioners, doesn't mean they don't have intuition or sensitivity. It may also be that this reaching out is a mid point to your spell, allowing something closer to your intent to manifest, or giving you a resounding opportunity to firmly break things off yourself. There are many reasons that a spell fails, and yes I may say that there *are* coincidences in magic, but throwing something at someone can get their attention, even if you miss, and especially if that thing is a brick.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Apr 2018
    Religion
    Eclectic pagan sorcery

Nowhere did I ask for anybody's input on whether my rituals worked, that is for me to determine. I didn't come here to be met with naysaying in a supposed "safe space" for these sorts of things. Just because you don't understand my personal experience doesn't mean you have to act dismissive towards my practice. I've specifically stated for people to put their moral judgement aside and share if they'd had similar experiences.

-MaskedOne The situations with the first and second mentioned don't need analysis, however, taking random algorithms into account makes sense for the third.

-Corvus I'm interested in this idea of the other party responding, as if the universe's way of "meeting me halfway."