Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

the time thing for sure it feels so weird as to how time has passed the years is close to being over now
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      YES! I'm so glad someone else has noticed. I wash my hair maybe once every three weeks or so - lots of people think I'm gross, but when I shampoo, my hair gets stripped of all its natural oils and I turn into a fluffy poodle for four or five days, and I hate it.
      Same. The puffy makes it impossible and I used to schedule my showers around events knowing I wouldn't want to be seen the day after a shower. I just use conditioner every few days. I've since learned that using conditioner to clean your hair is called "co-washing" and I'm probably not going back to shampooing. I'm hoping I can convince the hair studio not to shampoo me when I go for my post quarantine hair cut.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        Same. The puffy makes it impossible and I used to schedule my showers around events knowing I wouldn't want to be seen the day after a shower. I just use conditioner every few days. I've since learned that using conditioner to clean your hair is called "co-washing" and I'm probably not going back to shampooing. I'm hoping I can convince the hair studio not to shampoo me when I go for my post quarantine hair cut.
        Another fluffy poodle here... I was just thinking of trying to eliminate shampoo from my life. Not just for the health of my hair, but also the environment with all the empty shampoo bottles going in the trash. Maybe I'll just wash it occasionally with a shampoo bar as an alternative. So you just wash it with water only?

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
          Another fluffy poodle here... I was just thinking of trying to eliminate shampoo from my life. Not just for the health of my hair, but also the environment with all the empty shampoo bottles going in the trash. Maybe I'll just wash it occasionally with a shampoo bar as an alternative. So you just wash it with water only?
          I used a shampoo bar for a while, but I didn't like how they made my scalp feel. I've gone back to liquid shampoos, but don't use very often. Maybe once a week, maybe, I might condition, but I don't do that very often either.

Mostly art.

Comment

i only use my anti psyoretic pine tar shampoo and that only very sparingly for my scalp issues,there is also a pine tar soup for the skin issues,much better than the coal tar stuff
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I went no poo for a couple years, just used water. I had to scrub a lot and never felt like I got enough of the oils out of my hair. So I started making a hair concoction. I mixed baking soda and cornstarch in equal parts and added soone vanilla extract and essential oils. That has worked really well. And I've heard if that makes your hair too dry, you can rinse with apple cider vinegar.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

right now i am thinking how to fix my life, i allowed another person to steal everything i worked my entire life for,she destroyed my life i am trying to come up with a solution.

Comment

A lot of the women in my homesteading groups are hitting hoarding mode as winter heads our way (most of the women in these groups are from U.S.). They are stocking up on dry goods, canning water(yes water!) and meat. They had all settled down after spring and as summer rolled in lots of planning for a normal canning season and then bam two days ago a thread was started about a bad feeling and being prepared for a very bad winter. It's interesting to read.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of the women in my homesteading groups are hitting hoarding mode as winter heads our way (most of the women in these groups are from U.S.). They are stocking up on dry goods, canning water(yes water!) and meat. They had all settled down after spring and as summer rolled in lots of planning for a normal canning season and then bam two days ago a thread was started about a bad feeling and being prepared for a very bad winter. It's interesting to read.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

First full day of online lectures - this is going to be a very long semester.

I'm a sad lad.

Mostly art.

Comment

First full day of online lectures - this is going to be a very long semester.

I'm a sad lad.
                      You guys are for sure going to spend the whole semester online? I very much enjoy seeing how other countries are handling covid.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        You guys are for sure going to spend the whole semester online? I very much enjoy seeing how other countries are handling covid.
                        Yeah, the whole semester at least, possibly the entire year.

Mostly art.

Comment

The school-at-home thing around here seems to involve a lot of phys. ed. The little kids on my street have been out riding bikes, etc., on and off all day. The 2 who are in high school are home M-W-F, and yesterday they were in and out, too. I don't get it.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            The school-at-home thing around here seems to involve a lot of phys. ed. The little kids on my street have been out riding bikes, etc., on and off all day. The 2 who are in high school are home M-W-F, and yesterday they were in and out, too. I don't get it.
                            I wish mine involved phys ed.

I am not 100% online, because I have field labs, but yesterday was six straight hours without a break of online learning, and today was 3 hours, but then I went to work for 5 hours after.

Yesterday, I had classes from 9-4, a physio appointment, I went to the gym, and I studied from 8-11;30pm. Today, I had class from 9-12, work from 12-5 which was manual labour for the most part, and I've been studying since 7. It's 11.

It's week one, dang it.

Mostly art.

Comment

I wish mine involved phys ed.

I am not 100% online, because I have field labs, but yesterday was six straight hours without a break of online learning, and today was 3 hours, but then I went to work for 5 hours after.

Yesterday, I had classes from 9-4, a physio appointment, I went to the gym, and I studied from 8-11;30pm. Today, I had class from 9-12, work from 12-5 which was manual labour for the most part, and I've been studying since 7. It's 11.

It's week one, dang it.
                              (I was kind of being sarcastic - there's a family on my street that claims to home-school, but they don't really. The two teens at the other house are just getting away with whatever they can.) I hope your routine gets easier to handle as time goes by!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If I find myself giving extended tech support and training to the local Catholic parish, I'm going to find someone to bill for my time. I don't like them enough for this to be entertaining long term and there are hard limits to how far I'll help on behalf of family.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X