Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Hellenic
    Phrase
    Because I knew nothing, nothing was beneath me.

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

I've been applying to a bunch of jobs trying to utilize my new degree, and I've gotten one interview, but only the one. It seemed to go well so I'm hoping for a call back, its still my first choice job.

I've had this awful burning-needly sensation on the palm of one hand for much of the day. I had thought it was something about the radish I was cutting, but a few washes and it still hurts something fierce, like I've got a bad sunburn. No redness or irritation I can see though. Maybe I just slept on it weird.
    “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

My family is being ripped apart by something as minor as my chosen profession. My in laws have decided that I’m deep state, and apparently don’t want to be around my family…including their kids…and all for the unforgivable sin of helping tobacco farmers grow sugar baby melons. I.,…can’t…..even, right now.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
    My family is being ripped apart by something as minor as my chosen profession. My in laws have decided that I’m deep state, and apparently don’t want to be around my family…including their kids…and all for the unforgivable sin of helping tobacco farmers grow sugar baby melons. I.,…can’t…..even, right now.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Family can be a pain sometimes that you need to walk away from them.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
    What in the ****?

Family rifts, I get. There are specific members of my family who are unlikely to exchange more than 100 words with each other in the next 10 years (and even that would require extreme circumstances). Family rifts over crop choice...

I....

Yeah, all I've got is that I hope people come to their senses and to wish you luck. That's insane.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Can’t walk away, refuse. My whole job is winning over ideological objectors. And these aren’t random producers, they’re family. Back when I was infantry in the oughts they were so supportive. Even when I made the transition to civilian life they were full on in the tank with me. Now they’re death cultists, and my children have less grandoarents on account of it.

I mean, fuck…I know you guys can’t do anything about that- I just show up yearly for venting, lol.

it’s just a shock to me. My In laws x I refuse to let the right people starve.

- - - Updated - - -

Worked my whole life to get here, scraping and clawing for recognition from strangers, actionable funding from institutions, more than just a ground pounder. Is I’m here, and satisfaction is denied in the most petty way imaginable… through my children? Fuck.
    Last edited by Rhythm; 14 Jul 2021 at 12:49.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

I'm also thinking about family, but in a different light. I have one aunt and three cousins (her adult kids) as remaining blood relatives. My aunt is 80 and not doing well. I guess it won't be long until I'm the oldest of the bunch, which kinda freaks me out!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Hey everyone. I'm taking a break from Youtube because a Youtuber that I know passed away recently just last Friday. Her name is Dizz and she died due to a blood clot from her lungs. She was 46 years old. I feel very sad and devastated ed about her death.

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm taking a break from Youtube because a Youtuber that I know passed away recently just last Friday. Her name is Dizz and she died due to a blood clot from her lungs. She was 46 years old. I feel very sad and devastated ed about her death.
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a profound impact on your life and I send you my condolences.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a profound impact on your life and I send you my condolences.
    Yes, she has and thank you. I've talked to her in the comment section in the Livestream and she's a wonderful woman. Also, Youtube is getting toxic anyway. I have other things to do in my spare time that I want to do during my time off.

Thanks for enduring my complaints guys, lol. I know it’s healthier to just let it roll off like water, and it’s nice to have a place where you can shout into a non judgmental void.