Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

I've been thinking,

Why do I want to be a Norse Pagan specifically? I am drawn to those gods, but more than anything I'm drawn to new knowledge so I read stuff a lot. As much as I'd love to focus on Norse literature, I have an issue focusing on any one topic for an extended period of time, and this has had detrimental effects on my study of Paganism. I've now found myself wanting to study Vedic traditions because the texts are older and in my brain, the older it is the more accurate it is. I get that this can be a fallacy and I'll kick it one day, but for the time being I've found my brain fixated elsewhere.

All of this has lead me to thinking, that according to Vedic legend there was a war between the "Arians" and "Hindu or Vedic followers of the time" and it sounds awfully similar to the war between the Aesir and Vanir. Just curious if there are other examples in historical accounts that sound similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      A few days ago I argue with a Facebook friend all because he's an anti-vaxxer and anti-mask. I try to educate him but he refused to listen. So I block him for good and end my friendship with him.
      You know you're going to lose a lot of friendships over a disagreement over one thing. It is stupid that your friend doesn't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask, but that is his decision. There are probably other things you might have in common. You could have just agreed to disagree. I also would have appreciated it if you would have said something about my family. There's a lot of stress on me now and I just need some support.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        You know you're going to lose a lot of friendships over a disagreement over one thing. It is stupid that your friend doesn't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask, but that is his decision. There are probably other things you might have in common. You could have just agreed to disagree. I also would have appreciated it if you would have said something about my family. There's a lot of stress on me now and I just need some support.
        Sorry I didn't know about your family. I'm also sorry that you and your family are going through COVID.
        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 26 Aug 2021, 13:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Sorry I didn't know about your family. I'm also sorry that you and your family are going through COVID.
          It's okay. I'm sorry. Just under a lot of stress lately. I hope this whole vaccine crap will go away, but that's a wish. Thanks for the prayers.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

It's okay. I'm sorry. Just under a lot of stress lately. I hope this whole vaccine crap will go away, but that's a wish. Thanks for the prayers.
            Wishing you and your family well. I'll give an offering for your family's speedy recovery.

Comment

Thanks Azoth. From what I have found out my Granny is getting better in the hospital. One of my uncles is going on the third week. We have also found out that someone (not family-related) brought in CoVid, yet my mom's oldest younger brother (she's the oldest child and there are 5 boys, so he is next in line) blames my second oldest uncle for bringing it. He knew it though. And yet he has CoVid too. I hope they all get better though. I'm praying for their healing and safety.
              Anubisa

Comment

Thanks Azoth. From what I have found out my Granny is getting better in the hospital. One of my uncles is going on the third week. We have also found out that someone (not family-related) brought in CoVid, yet my mom's oldest younger brother (she's the oldest child and there are 5 boys, so he is next in line) blames my second oldest uncle for bringing it. He knew it though. And yet he has CoVid too. I hope they all get better though. I'm praying for their healing and safety.
                Hopefully they'll all have a speedy recovery. Most of my family stateside has gotten covid (despite mask wearing, social distancing and in many cases vaccinated) and recovered at home without issue. So hopefully everything will turn out fine.

I'm currently thinking that this "6 weeks of no heavy lifting, strenuous activities, etc" is going to drive me insane. Its not even been a full week and I already feel obnoxiously unproductive and bored. I'm ready to pull out all the fall bins.

Comment

Thanks ForestSpell. I'm just hoping that we're going to make it through this CoVid crap okay. I hope you get to feeling better as well. Prayers for you!
                  Anubisa

Comment

I know New Jersey misses me, and I miss it, but holy cannoli they didn't need to go all midwest and have tornadoes and floods! I've heard from most of my friends in the area and so far, so good. One lived on the high side of the street and saw the neighbors on the low side have to be rescued by boat. What a nightmare. Usually these gulf storms lose a lot of power moving over land but this one wouldn't die.

And in the middle of the night, with all that going on, the Supreme court let Texas do their Handmaid's thing. I really didn't think I'd live long enough to see that.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I know New Jersey misses me, and I miss it, but holy cannoli they didn't need to go all midwest and have tornadoes and floods! I've heard from most of my friends in the area and so far, so good. One lived on the high side of the street and saw the neighbors on the low side have to be rescued by boat. What a nightmare. Usually these gulf storms lose a lot of power moving over land but this one wouldn't die.

And in the middle of the night, with all that going on, the Supreme court let Texas do their Handmaid's thing. I really didn't think I'd live long enough to see that.
                      Kids, welcome to the future. It's gonna be like this from now on.

I expected better from the 21st Century. Disappointment, though, is part of the human condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post

Kids, welcome to the future. It's gonna be like this from now on.

I expected better from the 21st Century. Disappointment, though, is part of the human condition.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I just read that Uber and Lyft will reimburse costs if any drivers are sued for this miserable Gilead nonsense.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It's like we have a black cloud over our house. I'm going to have to do a cleansing for real. My mom tripped over one of the puppy pads and she thinks she broke her toe. She would know of course because she is a retired R.N. I just feel everything is going crappy except for a new job that I got which I will be working at home. Some prayers would be nice for us. Thank you so much.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Yep. Definitely going to have to do a cleansing. Now I have got sick with an upper respiratory infection. I'm going to go to my neighborhood Wiccan shop and get a sage stick to smudge the house. I also am going to do healing and luck spells. This is ridiculous for me and my family. Usually I don't take to the craft to solve things like this, but right now I think there is a lot of negativity hanging around.
                            Anubisa

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I'm in a lot of pain right now. I had a tooth extraction yesterday and I was numbed up thankfully when they pulled it out, but now it hurts like damned hell. The root's exposed and I have to have soft foods. I'm pretty much following the directions best I can. Goodness help me. I've never had a tooth extracted, but I had to have this one done. They told me that they put a filling over a slightly fractured tooth. To do a root canal and another filling would be too much. So I had no choice but to go with the extraction. I'm hoping never to have one again.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Both my roommates are sick. I'm not yet, but I'm not looking forward to my first cold in 20 months.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X