Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

I'm thinking about how much work its going to be to put screens in my windows...but how itchy I'll be without them (got the first mosquito bites last night and they are already scabby.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

some of the gyms have opened back up here in BC. I've been going 4 days a week for the last two weeks, and it feels so good.

Mostly art.

Comment

So anyway. I'm working again. I just started working on Monday. I work every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And yes I'm wearing a mask.

Comment

I just realized that I joined you guys a year ago...and for the life of me, I can't bring myself to believe that it's only been a year since then. It feels like an eternity. The world is on fire, everyone is sick, the rock I draw my personal strength from is crumbling to sand in front of me. It was last year this time that I saw the last healthy fruit in my fields. Reduced to beans and greens.

OTOH, my eldest daughter stood up to me and told me I was wrong for the first time in her short life, and it filled me with pride...even though she was wrong about that, lol. My sons are bigger now, credible stewards of the land I'm building for their sons. My roosters, who care for my roosters. They still think girls are icky and whenever I look at them I can't help but laugh. The weather won't cooperate with me but I've never seen my soil healthier - so I have alot of worms and because of that I've met alot of sunfish. I got the privilege of caressing a musky as big as my youngest girl last week when she decided that I didn't need the bluegill I was reeling in. She was was terrified. My daughter, not the fish.

I'm no longer employed by the EPA, my contract with the Resource Conservation and Development Council has expired. I doubt that either still exist, in reality. That's given me the freedom and the courage to stand up and say the things that I was previously barred from saying at local hearings. To divulge information that my professional existence up to this point was strongly predicated against. I find myself, for the first time in thirty years, employed by no one other than myself. Still not sure how I feel about that.

I tend to focus so much on my limited concerns and my limited interests...but as I look out my window while typing this - the trees that I've been waging war against for years are doing just fine. I see the sun painting bars on their trunks. They remind me very much of people enjoying a day at the beach - and they remind me that I need to get out to the banks this fall for the shark run. I missed it this spring - too busy doing what has amounted to nothing. I can't grow a tomato because I'm going to have too many walnuts to sell, this year.

All is well, all is right, all is as it should be. I've dreaded every new day and every new challenge, I've been angry and preoccupied and distant and weary and more than anything else just busy. I woke up naked in bed this morning with my wife for the first time since...I can't honestly recall. I'm so inexpressibly grateful that I didn't fall under my own equipment this last year. I couldn't have borne the thought of going out as I've been this many, many months.

This year needs mortars. The tents are up and I'm going to buy enough powder to turn night to day.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          I'm thinking about how much work its going to be to put screens in my windows...but how itchy I'll be without them (got the first mosquito bites last night and they are already scabby.
          We just took out all the windows and screens on our porch for cleaning (the hubris of possessing a power washer) and I feel this. Didn't realize until after there was a bunch of different sizes and custom sizing that made putting it all back a bit of a chore.
          Circe

Comment

I gave the hubby a mohawk...

And I chopped Chickadee & Sharkbait's hair...

Momma has become the coronacutter.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              I gave the hubby a mohawk...

And I chopped Chickadee & Sharkbait's hair...

Momma has become the coronacutter.
              Trying to talk K'Roe into mohawking me (is that racist? Cultural apropriation?), now that I am *officially* a old dude, and a drag on society...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Chunk got Milo's favorite chicken... so Milo and I went to Tractor Supply to replace her and brought home 4. We might have a problem.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

A bunch of "what if" scenarios related to a contest I entered.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Trying to talk K'Roe into mohawking me (is that racist? Cultural apropriation?), now that I am *officially* a old dude, and a drag on society...
                    I've had a mohawk for a few years now. It's current form is a mullet 'hawk with microbangs.

Rock it, Corbin.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thinking about how good coffee will be this morning as well as trying to psych myself up to leave my apartment. Oh, and trying to narrow down some questions in case I really do win the contest I was talking about in my previous post.

Comment

Hello all! I am thinking about how it has been a really long time since I've posted here and how much I missed it. <3
                        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                          Hello all! I am thinking about how it has been a really long time since I've posted here and how much I missed it. <3
                          Welcome Back!
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

"...well, if I wasn't already so deeply in love with Joshy, I'd definitely be now."

Comment

Thinking about how I've replaced 2 tv's and the windowshades in my bedroom in the past week. The tv's were one very old-school 13" in the bedroom that basically went POOF and smoke came out. I was going to get a new smart one for the living room, and move the living room one into the bedroom. Well it didn't want to move. In its new spot something went wrong that wouldn't troubleshoot away. It was 14 years old so I just said what the heck and got a new one for in there too. Then, one of my cordless cellular blackout shades broke. There are 3 in the room. They don't make those anymore so I had to get 3 new ones. All in all, I bought 2 tvs and 3 shades for less than what I paid years ago for the larger of the 2 older broken tvs . Everything works and I'm enjoying the whole smart tv experience.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X