Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    have you considered therapy? This is a technique commonly taught.
    I pick up a few phrases that help my Brain I don't think so is just one of them.I do word techniques throughout the day that help my body perform at a good level.being a backward society I haven't got time to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Decanter View Post
      I pick up a few phrases that help my Brain I don't think so is just one of them.I do word techniques throughout the day that help my body perform at a good level.being a backward society I haven't got time to join.
      How specifically is society backward and how is that interfering?
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        How specifically is society backward and how is that interfering?
        What do you mean interfering?

Comment

What do you mean interfering?
          You said

being a backward society I haven't got time to join.
          I'm curious how specifically you find society backward and how society's backwardness cuts into your available time.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

You said

I'm curious how specifically you find society backward and how society's backwardness cuts into your available time.
            Are you a cop

Comment

Are you a cop
              nope, just bored and curious

Comment

nope, just bored and curious
                I cant just tell you my theories on life without being indepth and I'm not prepared for that.

Comment

Are you a cop
                  Just what makes you think that MaskedOne is a cop?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    We have the opportunity to have my eldest's next birthday party at an indoor play space. We would be the only ones there, with a few friends in her "germ pod". They spray everything down to sanitize between uses. One of the friends has expressed a lack of interest because she feels it's too risky. But she took the kids to the park regularly when she was watching them, despite those areas not being sanitized and often having other children around.

We live in Iowa. Our numbers are insane. So I understand where she's coming from. But I'm still feeling salty about it.
                    Ugh I'd be salty too!

Work just got a lot harder and a lot longer. Yay holiday season in a restaurant with a pandemic going on.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I may treat coffee like a food group, but I need to remember that coffee alone is not, in fact, a food.
                      Circe

Comment

I need to stop driving at sunset. I always find myself driving directly at the sun. It's not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          I may treat coffee like a food group, but I need to remember that coffee alone is not, in fact, a food.
                          From my years in the military there'd be some who would argue that one with you. ie it not being a food I can't tell you how many hours and days I survived on coffee alone for hour upon hour. I think after being retired now for nearly 20 years I've finally replaced my coffee system with blood but don't hold me to that as I still consume probably gallons of it a day.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            I have a coffee problem. I go through phases, where I slowly drink more and more coffee, until it affects my sleep, then I cut back until my sleep is better, and then I repeat.

I haven't been sleeping a lot lately. I think I need to cut back.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I have a coffee problem. I go through phases, where I slowly drink more and more coffee, until it affects my sleep, then I cut back until my sleep is better, and then I repeat.

I haven't been sleeping a lot lately. I think I need to cut back.
                              Have you tried decaf coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                                Have you tried decaf coffee?
                                What blasphemy is this?

(lol yeah, I periodically order it from cafes if I'm going there to study for a while)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X