Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Got my bluetooth speaker working,and learned how to go back to my wired speakers)(two bose) the bluetooth has a nice sound too also got bonephone earphones.

they also have a mike built in
    Last edited by anunitu; 19 Jul 2020, 10:16.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

What do you think of the bone conduction headphones? I have seen ads about them and find the concept very interesting.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

when i get them set up i will report back

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm day 12 into my self- isolation and I think I've actually gone crazy.

I'm home for a month, but have to quarantine for the first two weeks of it. It was fine while I was here with a friend, but they've gone on a paddling trip, and I've just been house-sitting for the last week. Except for one friend who stops by every day or so to yell at me from across the yard, I haven't spoken to a real-life human-in-the-flesh in a week and I might actually be going crazy.

I had a meltdown last night on the phone because I'm old. It came out of nowhere. (I'm 33, and I'm not old - but I'm not exactly young either and it is very troublesome for me)

three more days of iso and I can be a real person in the real world again.

Mostly art.

Comment

When we stand atop the mount of truth,casting shadows against the brittle dawn
            as light rises to the moment of beginnings of mortal valley of pain, in broken visions of solidarity
            as we attempt to bond our blessings together and love one another above this mortal coil conjoined by sanity's reason, moments bought by seasons of hate and division,may now fly away into our crystal memory brittle shards lost to our mortal seasons of deception.

Anunitu(C)2020

written for John LEWIS
            Last edited by anunitu; 26 Jul 2020, 08:19.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I need to get an iPad stylus with a thinner tip.

Comment

I've tried all of Facebook. Let delve into your minds. Historically accurate account of Abrahamic faiths, preferably for children. We're studying ancient history at home this year. Obviously the Abrahamic religions ar real things that started sometime in ancient history. Finding anything that talks about what's actually supported historically and isn't just a bible myth is proving impossible.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I've tried all of Facebook. Let delve into your minds. Historically accurate account of Abrahamic faiths, preferably for children. We're studying ancient history at home this year. Obviously the Abrahamic religions ar real things that started sometime in ancient history. Finding anything that talks about what's actually supported historically and isn't just a bible myth is proving impossible.
                  Try https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/magazines/
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That's kinda the opposite of the direction I wanna go. I don't want something that looks at the Bible, Torah, etc. and then goes looking to prove it true. I want something that only talks about the things known to have existed because there's clear archeological records. Does that make sense?
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

It certainly does. Understanding the historic development (and study) of a belief is a separate question from it's existential (or metaphoric) truth. It's tough to find any of this stuff that's useful for kids.

Left field, can I suggest Motel of Mysteries by David Macauley, as an intro?

It is the year 4022; all of the ancient country of Usa has been buried under many feet of detritus from a catastrophe that occurred back in 1985. Imagine, then, the excitement that Howard Carson, an amateur archeologist at best, experienced when in crossing the perimeter of an abandoned excavation site he felt the ground give way beneath him and found himself at the bottom of a shaft, which, judging from the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging from an archaic doorknob, was clearly the entrance to a still-sealed burial chamber. Carson's incredible discoveries, including the remains of two bodies, one of then on a ceremonial bed facing an altar that appeared to be a means of communicating with the Gods and the other lying in a porcelain sarcophagus in the Inner Chamber, permitted him to piece together the whole fabric of that extraordinary civilization.

IDK how old your kids are, but this book flat out changed my life when I was an early middle schooler...because it changed my thoughts.

David Macaulay (born 2 December 1946)[1] is a British-born American illustrator and writer. His works include Cathedral (1973), The Way Things Work (1988) and The New Way Things Work (1998). His illustrations have been featured in nonfiction books combining text and illustrations explaining architecture, design and engineering, and he has written a number of children's fiction books. Macaulay was a 2006 recipient of a MacArthur Fellows Program award and received the Caldecott Medal in 1991 for Black and White (1990).
                      Last edited by Rhythm; 10 Aug 2020, 10:49.

Comment

We live in eastern Iowa. Bad storms went through. Tons of people without power. Our house is damaged. Hole in the roof, etc. This sucks.

Comment

yeh i never heard of this thing before?Derecho and across the midwest too?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah. It went from South Dakota through Chicago. It started breaking up in Illinois, but reached Indiana at least. We had sitting semis overturned, 65% of our trees are gone, crops destroyed, 100s of thousands without power (I saw estimates of 400k people without power).

We can't get cash out of the banks because they don't have power. We can't get gas because we don't have cash and stores don't have electricity to run the cards, even if they could pump it, which they can't, because no electricity. We had to drive an hour away to find a working gas station to fill up cans for the generator and cars.

I'm still working because I'm new here and risk getting fired if I call in or leave early.

Comment

That fun moment when you are reminded (again) that frequently the very loudest supporters of the Constitution happen to have a very shallow understanding of it whenever it's convenient to suit their own narrative.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                That fun moment when you are reminded (again) that frequently the very loudest supporters of the Constitution happen to have a very shallow understanding of it whenever it's convenient to suit their own narrative.
                                I just came here to post that I was thinking almost the exact same thing, only substituting "religion" for "constitution". Although in this case, it's all about equal!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X