Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    nj got hammered by severe thunder storms and a few tornados touched down not near me but check the news
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/0...ys-storms.html
    I saw that! Crazy stuff. My friend's son lives in the Barnegat/Manahawkin area and their outdoor furniture went for a spin around the neighborhood. Meanwhile, here in MO it's been insanely hot but better today.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble bookstore to get The Druid Craft Tarot Deck.

Comment

Ive been thinking alot about how we can bridge the knowledge gap between the older pagans, and the younger generation. The world seems far more open to "paganism", and "earth centered spirituality" then it was when I started down my path over a decade ago. I was incredibly fortunate to meet an old witch in my early twenties who mentored me for the better part of five years, her knowledge, and the gifts shared were incredibly valuable to my development.

I felt incredibly conflicted on a recent trip to a very old town here in Florida. I traveled up to check out a local shop developing a good reputation among the Wiccan community. It was lovely it had all sorts of locally sourced herbs, spices, minerals, and a good selection of independent literature. However I became concerned when I was browsing the tea section. Each variety was obviously handcrafted, however I became concerned about a particular tea. The tea was advertised to aid with lucid dreaming, and if you haven't guessed it contained mugwort. A lot of mugwort.

I love mugwort, I think I even made a thread about it years ago. I used to mix it into my evening tea before bed with the purpose of falling asleep while reading, and the lucid dreams were mostly incredibly insightful and relevant to what I was reading. However after a few weeks I developed constant seasonal allergy symptoms common with over consumption.

Long story short I tried politely and out of public view share my experience, and knowledge with the young woman, and man (early to mid 20s) who operated the shop. I personally purchased the tea to use occasionally and simply suggested a small advisory even if verbal prior to purchase. However, I felt as If it fell on deaf ears. I thought sharing knowledge and experience would be important, instead I left feeling their takeaway was I believed I was entitled to impose my thoughts or opinions on them.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
          Long story short I tried politely and out of public view share my experience, and knowledge with the young woman, and man (early to mid 20s) who operated the shop. I personally purchased the tea to use occasionally and simply suggested a small advisory even if verbal prior to purchase. However, I felt as If it fell on deaf ears. I thought sharing knowledge and experience would be important, instead I left feeling their takeaway was I believed I was entitled to impose my thoughts or opinions on them.
          This may have been less an issue of younger pagan having issues with advice from elders and more an issue of jaded, bored retail employee having little desire to hear business adviso #457 from customer #830,000. Depending on how long they've been there, they may have had extensive amounts of "helpful" suggestions from various customers that for one reason or another are never going to happen and automatically classed you as another "helpful" customer without thinking too much about what you were saying. This possibility increases if you were dealing with employees rather than the owner. The business owner has probably heard more advice than any of their staff but they are also generally more passionate about the store so the general jaded, bored behaviors don't always kick in quite as fast. Without knowing the people personally, I can't guarantee that you ran into jaded, bored retail staff but I wouldn't rule it out.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Clemens, my man!

Write a book! All the cool kids are doing it!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Clemens, my man!

Write a book! All the cool kids are doing it!
              A book! My goodness, my inner dialog is long winded. I would never expose the masses!

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                A book! My goodness, my inner dialog is long winded. I would never expose the masses!
                Make the long winded inner dialog the preface (nobody reads the preface), and put one wisdom nugget on each one of 365 consecutive pages labeled with calendar days. Sell them at Christmas...
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 14 Aug 2021, 19:01. Reason: Obsessive need for linguistic clarity
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm so depressed to tell the truth. This month has been really terrible for me so far. I have learned that my disability and SSI is being cut off next month after an appeal. I have an appointment to speak to a lawyer who specializes in this, but it just depresses me so. I also received a letter from the SSA that I owe them over $5000 because they overpaid me. I'm not the person who wants to be on disability and SSA for my entire life. I want to work. In fact, because of this I was able to get a new job which I start tomorrow. But to me, I need a little bit of help as well while working and they hardly give me any at all. I'm just really hoping all this gets resolved.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I'm so depressed to tell the truth. This month has been really terrible for me so far. I have learned that my disability and SSI is being cut off next month after an appeal. I have an appointment to speak to a lawyer who specializes in this, but it just depresses me so. I also received a letter from the SSA that I owe them over $5000 because they overpaid me. I'm not the person who wants to be on disability and SSA for my entire life. I want to work. In fact, because of this I was able to get a new job which I start tomorrow. But to me, I need a little bit of help as well while working and they hardly give me any at all. I'm just really hoping all this gets resolved.
                    I hope things start to get better for you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks hawkfeathers. I appreciate it a lot.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Well, New York City (my hometown) got a blackout a few minutes ago. Why me?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          Well, New York City (my hometown) got a blackout a few minutes ago. Why me?
                          Just the other day, I was talking about the NYC blackout of 1965! I was 8 and remember it well.
                          sigpic

Comment

So...a couple I know around here didn't get vaccinated or wear masks, and went away for a weekend to a very touristy spot a couple of weeks ago. Now they are both stricken with covid, very badly. He refuses to go to the hospital. I wish them well but this crap makes me mad.
                            sigpic

Comment

So three of my uncles(on my mom's side) plus my granny have CoVid. I wonder what else can happen to my family? My granny is in the ICU. I don't know if she will make it or not. She has dementia and other problems. So I really hope she pulls through. I'm just praying for everyone.
                              Anubisa

Comment

A few days ago I argue with a Facebook friend all because he's an anti-vaxxer and anti-mask. I try to educate him but he refused to listen. So I block him for good and end my friendship with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X