Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
    Cold comfort, but the people contending that covid is a scam are the same demographic as the people most likely to die from covid - and therefore be unable to say as much ever again.
    That's about half my family that is going that route, which means that while they refuse to follow guidelines like masks and social distancing they are contributing to the spread of the virus and raising the risk of the other half of my family who are taking this seriously with getting sick.

Which btw absolutely infuriates and enrages me. I need to protect those that I love and half of them are being F***ing stupid and endangering the rest of my family and there is nothing I can do to make them see reason!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      That's about half my family that is going that route, which means that while they refuse to follow guidelines like masks and social distancing they are contributing to the spread of the virus and raising the risk of the other half of my family who are taking this seriously with getting sick.

Which btw absolutely infuriates and enrages me. I need to protect those that I love and half of them are being F***ing stupid and endangering the rest of my family and there is nothing I can do to make them see reason!
      Speaking of stupid, I have an argument with a Facebook friend of mine a few days ago. He thinks that the pandemic is a scam and refused to wear a mask because the mask doesn't work which is complete bullcrap and I tried to convince him otherwise and he doesn't care at all. So I block him for his idiocy permanently because I don't to associate a person who's brainless and doesn't take the pandemic seriously.

Comment

Someone about 20 minutes from me is advertising a "Confederate Yard Sale" - Flags, hats, shirts, you name it. The nonsense that goes on around here is astounding.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Speaking of stupid, I have an argument with a Facebook friend of mine a few days ago. He thinks that the pandemic is a scam and refused to wear a mask because the mask doesn't work which is complete bullcrap and I tried to convince him otherwise and he doesn't care at all. So I block him for his idiocy permanently because I don't to associate a person who's brainless and doesn't take the pandemic seriously.

I had a co-worker suggest the other day that there was a difference of opinion over mask wearing, and that you could “keep reinfecting yourself” if you wear a mask.

We live in a really bizarre era, where memory of what created societal progress is rapidly fading. Nobody seems to know anything beyond the specialized bubbles of their neighborhood and their workplace. It’s like living in a gilded palace, but nobody remembers who built it or what it’s purpose was. And ~50% of the population is deranged mutants. Maybe I should write a story...
          Last edited by Yazichestvo; 07 Jul 2020, 14:44.
          If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

That's ridiculous. Where did your co-worker get an idea like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
              I had a co-worker suggest the other day that there was a difference of opinion over mask wearing, and that you could “keep reinfecting yourself” if you wear a mask.

We live in a really bizarre era, where memory of what created societal progress is rapidly fading. Nobody seems to know anything beyond the specialized bubbles of their neighborhood and their workplace. It’s like living in a gilded palace, but nobody remembers who built it or what it’s purpose was. And ~50% of the population is deranged mutants. Maybe I should write a story...
              Keep reinfecting how? Masks that aren't disposable need to be washed regularly.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I keep telling locals that masks protect others and if someone could invent a reasonably priced one that protected the wearer, they'd make a fortune and people would be more likely to comply. They're all like "Muh Freedumb is more important."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Keep reinfecting how? Masks that aren't disposable need to be washed regularly.
                  I saw a story posted about a girl who apparently got some sort of bronchial infection and her family said it was from rebreathing what she was breathing into the mask, like she wasn't expelling the bacteria so it became more concentrated or something. It sounded super sketchy to me, but that's the sort of thing circling FB that's making people believe this stupid stuff.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Nikocado Avocado is so disgusting. He poops himself the second time on Youtube. In case if you don't know who Nikocado Avocado is well he's a Youtuber who eat junk food for his video content. The guy act like a newborn baby. I really can't stand him and his relationship with his husband is horrible and fake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      I saw a story posted about a girl who apparently got some sort of bronchial infection and her family said it was from rebreathing what she was breathing into the mask, like she wasn't expelling the bacteria so it became more concentrated or something. It sounded super sketchy to me, but that's the sort of thing circling FB that's making people believe this stupid stuff.
                      When people are scared, unable to control things, and take information from unreliable sources, they resort to magic and superstition.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      When people are scared, unable to control things, and take information from unreliable sources, they resort to magic and superstition.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Give me your attention,and in a few minutes iwill sell you this fresh brewed snake oil(pisses in jar) about the same as online
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This is a rant but it's not about humanity (for once!) My new cordless cellular blackout shades have been up for a week, and this morning one broke. SO off we go with reorder/refund/etc. They just don't make stuff like they used to.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why can some people learn to accept my reading about Jungkook's future spouse on Youtube? This idiot who happens to be female said that I'm lying about BTS member Jungkook's future spouse being black. I explain to her that my reading is never one and she still called me a liar. I've been reading tarot for 12 years and I'm very accurate with my reading about by 99% of the time. It very clear that she's racist and I can spot it a mile away.
                            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 23 Jul 2020, 17:16.

Comment

Just how stupid people are they anyway? There was a comment on one of my YouTube videos saying that I talk like a woman and claiming that I am a woman. First off I was born a man and that how I normally talk. I do stuttered in my videos. Just because you think that I sound feminine in my videos doesn't mean that I am one. Like seriously people really need to get their facts straight.
                              Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 15 Aug 2020, 18:08.

Comment

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

my school is driving me absolutely crazy, as usual. I missed a deadline for paperwork after trying to make an appointment for like three months. The person was on maternity leave, but had no replacement, and their secretary never responded to my emails. Now that I've emailed the general undergrad department I finally get a response, which is to be told I should make an electronic appointment as per the welcome email- which I'd been trying to do before the welcome email even came out. I didnt use the appointment maker because the appointment app didnt seem to have the specific thing I needed in it's super specific drop down, so I emailed the department asking where I should make an appointment. This is such a waste of time, especially since the appointment I've now made is a week away. It's so frustrating. I'm not even really sure what the consequences for missing the deadline are and the deadline is rather arbitrary anyway since it isn't an administrative time limit and it's due during a time when all the secretaries are busy.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X