Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I'm an Independent. These seditionists aren't Republicans; they're Trumpers. They aren't even Americans; they're Trumpers. I'm hoping they invoke the 25th tonight and put an end to this mess. Two more weeks is too long.
    Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    They might be delaying purely because Pence has a role as VP during the election certification. I'm not betting on this. I'm not sure that Pence and the Cabinet have the balls to invoke the 25th but if I'm wrong and it gets invoked sometime tomorrow once the vote is certified then I'm inclined to go with the position that they're delaying purely so no one has to replace Pence in his role as President of the Senate and presiding officer over the election certification.

Fun news, if they do invoke the 25th then Trump may not even get a chance to contest the matter formally. If the 25th is invoked and Trump contests the matter then both houses of Congress are required to assemble to hear arguments within 48 hours. They are not required to vote that quickly. A vote only has to go through within 21 days or Trump reclaims his seat. Trump's term doesn't have 21 days. If the 25th is invoked and Pelosi and Mitch are pissed off enough then Trump never gets a vote yea or nay from Congress. Pence will just finish out the last two weeks and then both leave while Biden takes office.
    Well, I'm liberal and I'm proud to be a liberal. Unlike the Conservatives, Liberals want to make the country and the world a better place to live happily for peace and harmony. Although there are a few Liberals crazies in the Democratic party (About by less than 1%). Everybody else is sane and open-minded.

Comment

welcome to our new potus JOE BIDEN confirmed
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don;t expect anyone to change their mind about a militia being a last line of defense for our nation..but can we agree after the events of yesterday that if there is such a place for such a militia..these guys..aren't the guys?

Lay aside the fact that they have the worst ideas - they;re just bad at this. They showed up with paramil gear and zipties and ieds, planned to kidnap some geriatrics and make demands. They had the complicity of the capitol police and a significant chunk of our elected reps were flogging their side of the story simultaneously within the building as they tried to gain entry from without....

.....and they failed. If we need a militia, we need better recruiters, and a better quality of militant. The sad sacks I saw trying to overthrow our invincible state were a disgrace.
        Last edited by Rhythm; 07 Jan 2021, 10:17.

Comment

Those who lust after violence are the worst defenders of peace.

Militia people ought at get real jobs.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Those who lust after violence are the worst defenders of peace.

Militia people ought at get real jobs.
            Agreed, 100%

Comment

Looks like there's too much confusion and people leaving to get anything like impeachment, 25th, etc. done. They'll probably run out the clock, like at the end of a football game.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Once again. The Lenormand and Tarot Reading Facebook Group have completely made a big deal out of my reading. One of the members was making a big deal out of my reading and telling me that my question is too negative all because I made a Lenormand reading why the society of Planet Earth is horrible. I was just speaking the truth about society on the Planet of how horrible it is. The Admin agrees with the members and they deleted my post. When fine, screw that sensitive group. This is the same bullcrap that happens before all the other Tarot & Lenormand Facebook Group.

Comment

I read something today that indicated an impeachment started now would also mean he forgoes all the benefits he would get as a former president and wouldn't be eligible to run again in 2024. So, there's still some benefit to it, even if it's not compete before the end of his term.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I read something today that indicated an impeachment started now would also mean he forgoes all the benefits he would get as a former president and wouldn't be eligible to run again in 2024. So, there's still some benefit to it, even if it's not compete before the end of his term.
                    Only if it is passed by the Senate.

It requires a vote (in the Senate) to accept the impeachment from the House, and then a second vote (also in the Senate) to impose penalties.

I hope this happens - even if jackass has been out of office for years.

However, jackass Jr. will have access to jackass sr's carefully hustled hord of ill gotten gains. Jackass Jr. has already been positioned to take up the jackass mantle.

I wish there was some easy way out, like, um, I dunno... Maybe Republicans standing up for Democracy, or something...
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Only if it is passed by the Senate.

It requires a vote (in the Senate) to accept the impeachment from the House, and then a second vote (also in the Senate) to impose penalties.

I hope this happens - even if jackass has been out of office for years.

However, jackass Jr. will have access to jackass sr's carefully hustled hord of ill gotten gains. Jackass Jr. has already been positioned to take up the jackass mantle.

I wish there was some easy way out, like, um, I dunno... Maybe Republicans standing up for Democracy, or something...
                      Don't place bets on jackass jr. having access to too much for long. A lot of prosecutors have been waiting for years now to have friendly discussions with citizen Trump instead of President Trump.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Don't place bets on jackass jr. having access to too much for long. A lot of prosecutors have been waiting for years now to have friendly discussions with citizen Trump instead of President Trump.
                        Under normal conditions I would agree with you in a minute, but I'm not sure of anything right now, although my atheistic faith in the ultimate triumph of reason is still
                        holding, so...
                        ...yeah...

This is all so 2020.
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Jan 2021, 17:50.

Comment

Well, it took nearly a year, but the 'rona finally got through my mask (most assuredly from my "essential" manufacturing job). Good news is I only have symptoms of allergies/sinus, not even a fever. Likely back to work in the Super spreader in a week...
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

We all have to do our part, die for the dow.

You feeling better? Sinus issues are the worst.
                            Last edited by Rhythm; 18 Jan 2021, 04:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                              We all have to do our part, die for the dow.

You feeling better? Sinus issues are the worst.
                              Will go re-test later today, then likely back to work tomorrow.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

No more 'new normals' please, there was never any normal to begin with and you are the least worthy of deciding for the rest of us what is 'normal'.

Comment

Working...
                                X