Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

People on Youtube are accusing me of talking crap about one of the Youtuber family members. First off, I don't even know any family members of that Youtuber. Second, why would I even talk crap about their family members if I don't even know. Third, that was a troll who was talking to set me up for the sake of drama and clout. Get your facts straight.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

This is what I don't understand about politics. It's all one-sided and bullcrap. There are so many things that I strongly disagree with about politics. It's the type of closed-mindedness, bigotry, hate, and discrimination that everybody has to argue and rant about with a very unclear mind. Seriously I'm sick and tired of this crap.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    This is what I don't understand about politics. It's all one-sided and bullcrap. There are so many things that I strongly disagree with about politics. It's the type of closed-mindedness, bigotry, hate, and discrimination that everybody has to argue and rant about with a very unclear mind. Seriously I'm sick and tired of this crap.
    I'm glad that you are not like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad that I have a rational and open mind but politics always gives me a headache.

Sep 2019
    Religion
    Harmony with the energies of Nature
    Phrase
    Everything is BS, you, me, everything. You just have to find a brand you can live with.

I am having difficulty with the gun culture here in Montana. I served in the military, and as an Infantryman I can tell you that there ws a full 3 months dedicated to weapon training. This seems obvious, you want a soldier to be safe and proficient with his rifle, pistol, etc. I have actually heard the argument here to own a gun to protect yourself from other idiots with guns (?) I can see owning a hunting fifle, shotgun, and possibly a handgun, but what is the civilian need for an arsenal of military style assault weapons? I doubt many of these people have any real training with their guns, yet they can own as many as they want. The second ammendment gives Americans the right to carry a pistol into McDonalds, but sadly not the brains...

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagefire View Post
    I am having difficulty with the gun culture here in Montana. I served in the military, and as an Infantryman I can tell you that there ws a full 3 months dedicated to weapon training. This seems obvious, you want a soldier to be safe and proficient with his rifle, pistol, etc. I have actually heard the argument here to own a gun to protect yourself from other idiots with guns (?) I can see owning a hunting fifle, shotgun, and possibly a handgun, but what is the civilian need for an arsenal of military style assault weapons? I doubt many of these people have any real training with their guns, yet they can own as many as they want. The second ammendment gives Americans the right to carry a pistol into McDonalds, but sadly not the brains...
    I love firearms. With that said, I'm increasingly finding that one of the strongest arguments for gun control is interacting with a number of other people who love guns. Oversized private arsenals frequently combined with embarrassingly inept paranoia tend to be part of why.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Feb 2007
    Religion
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Oh oh...

So my gun heap is naughty?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Oh oh...

So my gun heap is naughty?
    You don't generally indulge in embarrassingly inept paranoia so you get a pass. If you tell me that your arsenal is there as a contingency for

a. the fall of Western civilization
    b. the day that the US Government decides to take all your rights and shove EVUL COMMUNISM down your throat
    c. pick an asinine threat where you are better doing almost anything except building up an arsenal of more weapons than you'll ever reasonably be able to use against said threat

then I will revoke your pass with extreme prejudice.

Hmm, I'm wrong. If you're building up a giant arsenal to counter the rise of Skynet and you can introduce me to John or Sara Connor then I'll probably let you keep your pass just for sheer entertainment value.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Feb 2007
    Religion
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    You don't generally indulge in embarrassingly inept paranoia so you get a pass. If you tell me that your arsenal is there as a contingency for

b. the day that the US Government decides to take all your rights and shove EVUL COMMUNISM down your throat
    c. pick an asinine threat where you are better doing almost anything except building up an arsenal of more weapons than you'll ever reasonably be able to use against said threat

Hmm, I'm wrong. If you're building up a giant arsenal to counter the rise of Skynet and you can introduce me to John or Sara Connor then I'll probably let you keep your pass just for sheer entertainment value.
    Well, good. Yeah, no paranoia, I just like to play with them.

By the way - you're just being weird about fictional "Skynet" scenarios. That's fiction, MaskedOne.

The real danger is currently growing larger in my lab vats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post

Well, good. Yeah, no paranoia, I just like to play with them.

By the way - you're just being weird about fictional "Skynet" scenarios. That's fiction, MaskedOne.

The real danger is currently growing larger in my lab vats.

Sep 2019
    Religion
    Harmony with the energies of Nature
    Phrase
    Everything is BS, you, me, everything. You just have to find a brand you can live with.

I use the word 'arsenal' in distinct contrast to the word 'collection'. I take no issue with the collector, enthusiast, hunter or sport shooter. These things imply a level of responsible ownership and use. I take issue with the fool who has the loaded Glock on the front seat of his pickup pointed toward the passenger door, so at the stoplight if I am next to him, it is pointed right at me. This is the guy looking for absolutely any reason to sling lead downrange. This is the truck with all the gun right and f*ck this and that decals all over it. I question the overweight over 40 with the aluminum foil lined camo MAGA hat and tac-vest carrying enough weaponry and ammunition to arm a drug cartel, hanging out in the WalMart parking lot. I am concerned about the political tactic, at least in this part of the country, to use the second ammendment as a fear factor, "If you don't vote for whoever or whatever, or if you don't eat this shit sandwich, 'they' will come and take your guns." They who? Seriously, I recognize the importance of gun rights, but also gun laws, and the overwhelming majority of these jerks have to be told every day to not eat their own poop. They shouldn't even have a pointy stick.
    Last edited by Sagefire; 25 Jun 2021 at 06:01. Reason: punctuation