Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Jaywalking is also illegal. It's generally not fatal. Tax fraud is a felony and also generally not fatal. Not all laws are designed to answer immediately deadly behavior.
    Look I don't smoke weed but I think making weed illegal especially in the rules of sports and competition is pretty dumb and outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      Look I don't smoke weed but I think making weed illegal especially in the rules of sports and competition is pretty dumb and outdated.
      And if I cared enough to look into the issue, I might agree with you. However, laws and regulations don't magically stop existing because they're stupid. Generally, people have to actually get together and change them (collectively ignoring them for a couple decades might also work but actually repealing them is a cleaner answer). That has yet to happen regarding the Olympics and weed.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

And if I cared enough to look into the issue, I might agree with you. However, laws and regulations don't magically stop existing because they're stupid. Generally, people have to get together and change them (collectively ignoring them for a couple of decades might also work but repealing them is a cleaner answer). That has yet to happen regarding the Olympics and weed.
        And this is the reason why I prefer chaos, anarchy, and freedom over laws, rules, and regulations knowing how much hypocrisy these rules for the Olympics are.

Comment

And this is the reason why I prefer chaos, anarchy, and freedom over laws, rules, and regulations knowing how much hypocrisy these rules for the Olympics are.
          Anarchy is fundamentally unstable and it tends to end when someone rallies and organizes enough people and weapons to impose their own personal brand of law and order on everyone else. As you have precious little control over who is going to pull that off or what their vision of law and order looks like, I would avoid anarchy.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Anarchy is fundamentally unstable and it tends to end when someone rallies and organizes enough people and weapons to impose their own personal brand of law and order on everyone else. As you have precious little control over who is going to pull that off or what their vision of law and order looks like, I would avoid anarchy.
            Good to know. I still don't agree with the weed ban on the Olympics rules.

Comment

It's always going to be the one who is willing to be the most ruthless. Someone who has moral problems with genocide, torture, mass murder, terror tactics, using children as soldiers, etc., etc. can't take and hold power in an anarchy.

If you want to know what anarchy REALLY is, look at those parts of the world without a functioning central government, then multiply by infinity.
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 05 Jul 2021, 03:08.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                It's always going to be the one who is willing to be the most ruthless. Someone who has moral problems with genocide, torture, mass murder, terror tactics, using children as soldiers, etc., etc. can't take and hold power in an anarchy.

If you want to know what anarchy REALLY is, look at those parts of the world without a functioning central government, then multiply by infinity.
                I spent over a year in Somalia, and I can confidently say that the latter point is correct.

Comment

Ok, here is an old rant that is still relevant to me: A few years ago back in at the end of 2018 to 2019 I used to be part of the Divination Deck Facebook Group Community (mostly Tarot and Lenormand) and the majority of the community is very toxic and shady. For example, when I join my very first Tarot Facebook Group which is a very popular and successful group, I told everyone that I read tarot cards in my mind called Mind Tarot. The majority of the group got nasty at me and told me that my methods aren't a legitimate way to read cards. I told them: "How do you know that my methods aren't legitimate? How did you even try it before?" Just to let you all know I've been using Mind Tarot since 2008, the same time that I learn physical tarot cards and I can assure you that the reading that I used is almost accurate, informative, and legitimate. Just 99.99% I'm right about it. So I left that group. I join the Lenormand Facebook Group and I was using my Mind Lenormand reading but the admin told me to discontinue my methods because the group wasn't open to my methods, so I stop using my methods and used physical Lenormand instead. I post my friend's mental illness reading and other members were making a big deal out of my reading because It considers being inappropriate so they reported my reading. So I left that group as well. I join my second Tarot Facebook Group and I got along very well with everybody. The members, administrators were very friendly. There were no red flags about it however I got banned without any explanation until I talk to one of the administrators about why was I banned from that group. He told me that so many members were complaining to them accusing me that I was harassing on Facebook Messenger which is complete bullcrap because I never even DM any members on Facebook Messenger. The only person that I DM was a female Messenger about the glitch I was having a hard time entering the group and she block me for this bullcrap accusation. I try to explain my side of the story but they didn't want to hear my mouth knowing how shady and backstabbing that group was. So anyway the Moderator from the first tarot group invited me to come back to their group so I give it another shot but it turns out the environment of the first group got worse than ever. People were fighting each other. It was a drama fest. So anyway I help a member to interpreted her cards in my own words and meaning and she just got nasty to me and said the N-Word with the ga at the end. I just had enough with this community and so I left. Now you know why I'm not active in these Facebook Group communities anymore.

Comment

So anyway I'm at war with this Youtuber named Shae's Tarot who happens to be a fake tarot reader and a horrible human being. It was all started on Youtube that someone suggests I curse this loser. So I did. I also curse his subscribers and his family. Then he went in my Chill & Chat live stream saying racist and homophobic slurs. Yes, he's Caucasian who's also a racist and he's gay himself. Then he made a Livestream spewing racist and 'All Lives Matter' catchphrase. Like seriously this person is a horrible human being and I don't understand why would anyone support a piece of garbage like him.

Comment

So anyway I'm at war with this Youtuber named Shae's Tarot who happens to be a fake tarot reader and a horrible human being.
                      Stop. There are no valid win conditions to a pissing match (war implies some capacity to do more harm than either of you are easily capable of) with another Youtuber. Ignore the **** out of them and evict them if they show up for one of your streams. A pissing match just gives them air time at your expense. The best case scenario is that you both waste a lot of time and energy on nothing of value. The mid case is that you waste time, your opposition gets ad revenue from people who look up his channel to see who the hell you're talking about. The worst case is that the two of you stumble over Youtube's TOS in the wrong time and place and Youtube evicts both of you for being more hassle than Youtube can be bothered with. Do not engage in pissing matches that don't accomplish anything useful.

Comment

I agree with MaskedOne on this. You're going to get in trouble if you get in fights over things with people and YouTube will evict you. They only take so much. Also cursing people will come back to you if you are not careful.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Stop. There are no valid win conditions to a pissing match (war implies some capacity to do more harm than either of you are easily capable of) with another Youtuber. Ignore the **** out of them and evict them if they show up for one of your streams. A pissing match just gives them air time at your expense. The best case scenario is that you both waste a lot of time and energy on nothing of value. The mid case is that you waste time, your opposition gets ad revenue from people who look up his channel to see who the hell you're talking about. The worst case is that the two of you stumble over Youtube's TOS in the wrong time and place and Youtube evicts both of you for being more hassle than Youtube can be bothered with. Do not engage in pissing matches that don't accomplish anything useful.
                          You're right. He's not worth my time anyway.

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          I agree with MaskedOne on this. You're going to get in trouble if you get in fights over things with people and YouTube will evict you. They only take so much. Also cursing people will come back to you if you are not careful.
                          YouTube is very incompetent when it comes to enforcing its own rules on its site. Other YouTubers violate Youtube Rules & Guidelines far worse things on their sites such as violence and nudity. And yet Youtube doesn't do anything about it at all. So I'm not even worried about it at all.

Comment

Well I got fired today. That's a first. To be honest I've been looking for literally anything else cause I hated it so much. I've not had any grievances with my work brought up, I do what I'm supposed to. Except, as I told my boss in my job interview, I have back issues and I can't do heavy lifting. Turned out there was a lot more lifting involved than she initially told me, and she acted equally surprised every tine i said I couldn't do that. The job title is receptionist, but 99% of my work has been heavy cleaning and dealing with the shops stock. I answer like 1 phone call a day, if any.
                            But AFTER having me crawl around on the floor cleaning the drains under the tubs, the job nobody wants to do, and generally letting me do all the hard work (we were 3 at work and the boss and my coworker have just been sitting out back talking about tv shows), she pulled me aside for a chat 5 minutes before I got off, to let me know my 3 month trial is up and she's really given me a chance but I just don't seem to fit in.
                            I've had my resignation typed out and ready to send for weeks, as soon as I found something else. But I'm still a little upset. Mostly cause I need to scramble to find something else now, I enjoy paying rent. Well. I don't but ya know. Maybe a little cause I wanted to quit, not be fired. But if they'd kept me on another week they couldn't legally fire me without good reason without me being able to sue them for it.
                            And it's true. I fulfil my contract, above and beyond. I barely ever get the 30 minute break I'm entitled to, I just swallow my food in 2 minutes when I get a chance. But I don't do the things I'm just expected to, like cancel my weekend plans to take other people's shifts because they can't find more employees (the pay is terrible. They somehow managed to avoid talking pay til I got my contract. One of the others told me 4 other people have been offered the job before me and refused.). And I probably don't act as excited as I'm expected to about being paid minimum wage and hurting my back every day. I put an effort into being nice and polite and chatty with customers, and I make a lot of extra sales from it and generally enjoy it. But I am autistic, and I'm not terribly chatty with my colleagues when I'm out back.
                            I've been sick for a few days and came back today. That might have had some thing to do with it, but everyone's sick right now. My boss was off work last week. And I had 3 days off last month cause I got an insect bite AT WORK that had my neck so swollen i could barely move it and needed antibiotics...
                            Anyway.
                            Maybe it's just the fact that I couldn't stand my boss. I tried so hard to hide it but dear lord she got on my nerves. She calls me a girl. I am almost 30, I'm also older than her. She's in charge of social media. I've seen her spend an entire day whining about having to write 1 line on a Facebook post. She takes personal calls constantly, and if I'm quiet walking out back she doesn't notice me and keeps playing games on her phone. I've gone on Facebook to see a post on the business page that still had her notes for herself in it ("hey sweetie may be if people ask this you can answer like this"... Yes she calls herself sweetie). Honestly think the feeling was mutual... We just didn't get along.
                            Also she got mad at me like 2 weeks ago for not knowing how to do something she'd neglected to show me how to do, and told me I lied when I said she hadn't. I didn't. I know cause i'd asked her to show me several times and she kept putting it off...

Any way... That's a ramble.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

That just sucks!

It's hard finding a good job...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                That just sucks!

It's hard finding a good job...
                                it is..I actually really enjoyed working in the covid response, I like lab work. I'm technically still employed by them but there just aren't any shifts anymore. The pandemic situation has been pretty chill for a while here, so they there's 2 people at work in my centre where we used to be about 20.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...